Site Governance Meeting Date: Monday, Apr. 26, 2010 Called to order: 2:42 pm Place: Staff Lounge Members in attendance: Bruce Ferguson, Cindy Clippinger, Terry Klein, Petey DeLuca, Annette Montoya-Fox, Karmen Vandegrift, Irene Delgado, Craig Wilsie, Liz Mooney, Heather Williams Guests: Elaine Hill, Dee Dee Patterson Minutes recorded by: Craig Wilsie Minutes were presented for approval. Budget Update (Dr. Ferguson): Enrollment should be up next year (projecting 480) so we should be posting the position on the post & bid. This will allow us to lose the 2/3 combination class. We have $15,000 to spend by this Wed. or we will lose it. Some of it will be going towards PE & Recess equipment that we will not have money because next year’s magnet funding will only be enough to cover the pool program. P.E Intervention: Ms. Klein felt that the intervention in this format (short term, etc.) was working and the kids did not feel like they were being punished. Ms. DeLuca agreed that with Jr. Olympics and other events has put the pressure on teachers to pull up students (with testing coming up so soon). It was not clear to many exactly how long the intervention period was supposed to last. Dr. Ferguson explained that he has heard both sides from both teachers and parents and that there is no clear-cut solution. He suggested that it go to a SSC sub-committee to examine a more long-term solution to the situation. It was also suggested that it be brought up whole staff for a brainstorming session. Ms. Klein, Ms. Vandegrift, and Ms. Fox volunteered to work with Dr. Ferguson to work on this issue. Jr. Olympics: Some parents behaved poorly who over winners. It was suggested that a letter be sent home explaining the “spirit” of the games. Dr. Ferguson expressed how the timing of the Jr. Olympics (schedule-wise) made him nervous because it is so close to the CSTs. It is something that should be revisited by the schedule committee. Magnet Resource Position: We are looking at using the money for this position for a clerical/classified person instead of a certificated person. Norma Swenson’s name was brought up as a possibility for this position, but they were questions as to whether she would want the position or if she would even be available since she retired. Employee Parking: Staff spots are filling up sometimes by 7:05am. Assigning parking spots was brought up as a possible solution, but even still parents would be likely to park in staff spots unless they are “trained”. Parking Lot Safety Before and After School: Having a drop-off over on the blacktop was discussed as a possibility and having parking lot duty (orange vests). Round Table: Discipline Policy to be shelved until later. There are SGT positions to filled next year. Meeting adjourned at 3:40.
Pages to are hidden for
"26"Please download to view full document