The Creative Writing Program at Grossmont College Announces
The Third Annual
Creative Writing Contest
DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Genre: Short Fiction
1st Place: $150; publication in The Acorn
Review, & presentation at Student Reading
2nd Place: $100, and publication
1. You don't have to be enrolled in the Creative Writing courses to submit a story, but you must be a currently enrolled
Grossmont College student.
2. Short fiction manuscripts should be no more than 1,500 words (6 double-spaced, typed pages--print on one side of the
3. Do not put name on your short fiction. Instead, attach an index card with your name, the title of your short fiction,
phone number, and e-mail address.
4. Winner must be available to read his or her work as part of the Literary Arts Festival Student Reading on Wednesday,
May 2nd at 7 p.m. in Grossmont College Griffin Gate.
5. Submit work to Sydney Brown in 564-B by Tuesday, April 10. Work may also be submitted to Sydney Brown's mailbox.
Do not e-mail work.
6. If you want your short fiction manuscript returned, include a self-addressed stamped envelope; otherwise, it will be
7. For more information, contact Sydney Brown at 619-644-7523 or Sydney.Brown@gcccd.edu.
This contest is made possible by the generous patrons
of the Grossmont College Foundation.