Docstoc

MPL_flashcard__15_Pure_Oil_Gas_Station_1-border

Document Sample
MPL_flashcard__15_Pure_Oil_Gas_Station_1-border Powered By Docstoc
					Dale Richardson’s Pure Oil Gasoline Station   Dale Richardson’s Pure Oil Gasoline Station
 1 W. Main St., Mooresville, IN (1956-1959)    1 W. Main St., Mooresville, IN (1956-1959)




Dale Richardson’s Pure Oil Gasoline Station   Dale Richardson’s Pure Oil Gasoline Station
 1 W. Main St., Mooresville, IN (1956-1959)    1 W. Main St., Mooresville, IN (1956-1959)
In 1938 contractor Harry                                                                                              flash From Your                       In 1938 contractor Harry                                                                                              flash From Your
Wilson built the Pure Oil                                                                                                                                   Wilson built the Pure Oil
building on the site of the                                                                                               Past Card                         building on the site of the                                                                                               Past Card




                                            Copyright © 2009 by Mooresville Public Library. All Rights Reserved.




                                                                                                                                                                                                        Copyright © 2009 by Mooresville Public Library. All Rights Reserved.
Lindley Block, which burned                                                                                           Historical Flash Card                 Lindley Block, which burned                                                                                           Historical Flash Card
down on Dec. 27, 1925. Pure                                                                                            Series — Card #15                    down on Dec. 27, 1925. Pure                                                                                            Series — Card #15
Oil had several owners:                                                                                                                                     Oil had several owners:
Brewer & Son (1940’s), Leroy                                                                                                                                Brewer & Son (1940’s), Leroy
Selke (early 1950s-1956), Dale                                                                                                                              Selke (early 1950s-1956), Dale
Richardson (1956-59), Paul                                                                                                                                  Richardson (1956-59), Paul
Mason (1959-60), and Russ                                                                                                                                   Mason (1959-60), and Russ
Lightle (1960s).      (In this                                                                                                                              Lightle (1960s).      (In this
photo, next door on S. Indiana                                                                                                                              photo, next door on S. Indiana
St. was Franklin’s Ice Cream                                                                                                                                St. was Franklin’s Ice Cream
Store.) In Jan. 2009 Crystal                                                                                                                                Store.) In Jan. 2009 Crystal
Neil of Edward Jones opened                                                                                                                                 Neil of Edward Jones opened
her offices at One W. Main St.                                                                                     Paul Mason, who was first elected Mor-   her offices at One W. Main St.                                                                                     Paul Mason, who was first elected Mor-
                                                                                                                   gan County Sheriff in 1970 (deputy                                                                                                                          gan County Sheriff in 1970 (deputy
                                                                                                                   sheriff 1962-1970), owned and operated                                                                                                                      sheriff 1962-1970), owned and operated
  Published by Mooresville Public Library                                                                          the Pure Oil station at 1 West Main        Published by Mooresville Public Library                                                                          the Pure Oil station at 1 West Main
         220 West Harrison Street                                                                                  Street in downtown Mooresville in 1959            220 West Harrison Street                                                                                  Street in downtown Mooresville in 1959
          Mooresville, IN 46158                                                                                    -1960.                                             Mooresville, IN 46158                                                                                    -1960.
          www.mooresvillelib.org                                                                                                                                      www.mooresvillelib.org




In 1938 contractor Harry                                                                                              flash From Your                       In 1938 contractor Harry                                                                                              flash From Your
Wilson built the Pure Oil                                                                                                                                   Wilson built the Pure Oil
building on the site of the                                                                                               Past Card                         building on the site of the                                                                                               Past Card
                                            Copyright © 2009 by Mooresville Public Library. All Rights Reserved.




                                                                                                                                                                                                        Copyright © 2009 by Mooresville Public Library. All Rights Reserved.
Lindley Block, which burned                                                                                           Historical Flash Card                 Lindley Block, which burned                                                                                           Historical Flash Card
down on Dec. 27, 1925. Pure                                                                                            Series — Card #15                    down on Dec. 27, 1925. Pure                                                                                            Series — Card #15
Oil had several owners:                                                                                                                                     Oil had several owners:
Brewer & Son (1940’s), Leroy                                                                                                                                Brewer & Son (1940’s), Leroy
Selke (early 1950s-1956), Dale                                                                                                                              Selke (early 1950s-1956), Dale
Richardson (1956-59), Paul                                                                                                                                  Richardson (1956-59), Paul
Mason (1959-60), and Russ                                                                                                                                   Mason (1959-60), and Russ
Lightle (1960s).      (In this                                                                                                                              Lightle (1960s).      (In this
photo, next door on S. Indiana                                                                                                                              photo, next door on S. Indiana
St. was Franklin’s Ice Cream                                                                                                                                St. was Franklin’s Ice Cream
Store.) In Jan. 2009 Crystal                                                                                                                                Store.) In Jan. 2009 Crystal
Neil of Edward Jones opened                                                                                                                                 Neil of Edward Jones opened
her offices at One W. Main St.                                                                                     Paul Mason, who was first elected Mor-   her offices at One W. Main St.                                                                                     Paul Mason, who was first elected Mor-
                                                                                                                   gan County Sheriff in 1970 (deputy                                                                                                                          gan County Sheriff in 1970 (deputy
                                                                                                                   sheriff 1962-1970), owned and operated                                                                                                                      sheriff 1962-1970), owned and operated
  Published by Mooresville Public Library                                                                          the Pure Oil station at 1 West Main        Published by Mooresville Public Library                                                                          the Pure Oil station at 1 West Main
         220 West Harrison Street                                                                                  Street in downtown Mooresville in 1959            220 West Harrison Street                                                                                  Street in downtown Mooresville in 1959
          Mooresville, IN 46158                                                                                    -1960.                                             Mooresville, IN 46158                                                                                    -1960.
          www.mooresvillelib.org                                                                                                                                      www.mooresvillelib.org

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Shared By:
Stats:
views:75
posted:4/28/2010
language:English
pages:2
Description: Mooresville Public Library (MPL) (Mooresville, Indiana) presents local historical flashcards as part of its "Treasure Trove" series.