Transition to College MENTOR Job Application Transition to College Mentor Program Adult Learning Center, Donahue 204 Holyoke Community College Name ____________________________ Email ____________________________ Phone ____________________________ SS # ____________________________ Address ___________________________________________________________ # of semesters you have attended HCC _____________________ How many semesters will you remain at HCC? _________________________ Do you speak more than one language? ___________________ What is your area of study? _____________________ If you do not receive a paid position, would you be interested in volunteer work? ________________________ 1. This job requires a commitment from the second week in May until the end of August. Will you available to work throughout this time?
2. Please read through the job description for Transition to College MENTORS. Explain why you want to be a MENTOR.
3. Explain how you came to be a student at HCC. (e.g. were you in a GED or ESOL program, did anyone help you enroll in the college?)
4. What has been your experience of college life? Explain the difficulties and the rewards (the positives and the negatives)
5. Why do you think some students are under-represented at the college? (e.g. low income students and students of color)
6. What do you think the college could do to increase the enrollment of under-represented students?
7. Please indicate your hours of availability Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
This position requires 4 hours of training. Please indicate which of the two training sessions would work best for you. Thursday, May 16 from 9am to1pm ___________ Tuesday, May 21 from 4 to 8pm Either date will work for me. ___________ ___________