Submitting a Grant Proposal: Required Components
• Include the address, telephone, fax, email
Contact Person, Project Director
• Include address, etc., if different from above
• Cheque should be made out to ………………
• Summarize the activity or activities the grant will support;
• Describe how this grant addresses BC Problem Gambling Program objectives;
• Describe the primary beneficiaries of this project;
• Estimate the number of people that will benefit from this project;
• Describe your approach to the issue and what gives it a high likelihood of success;
• Outline the organization’s timeline for achieving project objectives;
• Indicate how the project will be announced and/or launched;
• Name any partners, such as community groups, individuals or the gaming industry.
• State the mission of your organization or agency;
• Describe the work of your organization and population served;
• Describe your experience collaborating with other community groups;
• Indicate who will take primary responsibility for the project (include a short bio);
• Outline who else will be working on the project (e.g., staff, volunteers, students);
• Describe your capacity to carry out the project;
• Submit any other supporting documents.
• List the project’s identifiable objectives and activities;
• Describe planning activities that will take place before project start-up;
• Indicate any plans to continue the project beyond the funding period.
• Describe the expected outcomes of the project;
• Describe how will each of the project objectives and activities will be evaluated;
• Describe the documentation process of the successes, challenges and impacts of the
• Indicate who will design and carry out the project evaluation;
• Provide a timeline to complete an evaluation.
• Provide a detailed budget, including the calculations used to estimate costs;
• Indicate whether you will be receiving other support, financial or in-kind, from any other
• Include the date, a signature and title if applicable;
• Include the following statement: I/we hereby certify that all information contained in this
proposal, including supporting documentation, is true and correct to the best of my/our
General Tips and Advice
Before You Begin
• Read the application instructions carefully.
• Follow all directions.
• Don’t become overwhelmed, break down the proposal into manageable pieces.
• Your proposal is well written, concise, and organized.
• Your proposal is clear, complete and persuasive.
• Your proposal addresses all review criteria.
• You have proofread your proposal (no spelling errors, sloppy formatting, and arithmetic
• You have identified what you want to do by defining your goals and objectives.
• You have outlined all steps and activities, who will be responsible for each, and the
• You have described why you believe your project objectives will have the desired
• You have identified your target population.
• You have described how you plan to evaluate the project and included a timeline.
• You have described any community partners that will be involved in the project.
• You have included information about your organization, and provided evidence that you
have the capacity to meet your stated goals and objectives.
• You have included a detailed budget.
• You have signed and dated your proposal.