KEDCO TOURISM MARKETING STRATEGIES
The Tourism Industry in Kingston generates $250 million dollars into the regional economy every year. Our main focus is
to expand the tourism industry by increasing the number of visitors to our area, as well as their length of stay and the
amount of dollars they spend. Get on board – become a tourism partner and capture more of the tourism dollars
generated each year. By working together, the tourism partners can reach more potential travelers, create diverse and
unique traveling opportunities and be represented by a dedicated sales team during focused trade shows and sales
Our 2007 Strategies
• Drive visitor inquiries to our revised and more user-friendly website at www.tourism.kingstoncanada.com
• Enhanced website listing and partner access to update their information as well as a tracking mechanism and additional
• Visitor Value Program – allows partners to offer value added options to visitors all year long as well as special offers for local
events and festivals
• Continue to create cost efficient product to encourage visitors to extend their stays in Kingston and the Kingston region.
• Enhanced marketing efforts in partnership with the Kingston Accommodation Partners (KAP) and the Ontario Tourism
Marketing Partnership (OTMP)
• Gather current and relevant tourism partner statistics to better determine strengths and weaknesses in our market
• Continue to grow the Customer-First Philosophy – through expanded visitor services and tourism ambassadors on the street
• Continue to focus our marketing efforts towards the Greater Toronto and Ottawa markets in all aspects of sales (rubber-tire,
group travel and meeting and conference sectors)
• Continue to align ourselves with the “1000 Islands” brand and associated joint-marketing opportunities
2007 PARTNER PROGRAM OUTLINE
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation (KEDCO) can provide all the elements of a successful and
comprehensive, multi-layered tourism-marketing plan with one-stop shopping… begin your partnership with:
Part A KEDCO Tourism Partner Program - Enhanced Website listing & hyperlink on www.kingstoncanada.com
Includes: - Interactive, searchable maps that highlight your business and nearby companion attractions
- Email link within your listing that allows visitors to contact you directly
- A 1000 character description box
- Update your website listing as often as you like
- Display your logo and 3 full colour images (see website specs below)
- Itinerary planning tool for visitors – only accessible through the Enhanced Website Listing
- Visitor Value Program – offer a value added incentive to travelers *
Width: 108 pixels Width: 211 pixels
Height: 118 pixels Height: 136 pixels
72 ppi (pixels per inch) 72 ppi (pixels per inch)
Jpeg or gif format Jpeg or gif format
* The Visitor Value Program will only be offered to KEDCO Tourism Partners – it is an opportunity to provide value added or special
promotions to visitors all year long (120 characters)
Part B Consumer Marketing Options
À la carte…Consider adding some of these services to further complement your consumer market focus
The consumer market remains the main source of tourism volume and value for Kingston and the area. With over 73%
of all overnight visits being made by residents of Ontario - this is the ideal opportunity for partners that wish to increase
their exposure to this powerful target market. Kingston is ideally situated to attract visitors from the ever growing Toronto
population as well as those to the north and east, Ottawa and Montreal.
Annual Brochure Racking
Have your individual company brochure racked at both Tourist Information Offices (TIO) in Kingston at: 209 Ontario
Street (year round) and Fort Henry Hill (high season). With over 220,000+ visitors through the doors of these offices
annually it is a must have investment at less than a penny per walk-in visitor. TIO staff monitor the quantity of brochures
on hand and call partners once supply is getting low – the shelves are re-filled daily.
Revolving Interior Signs
A backlit 25” x 40” panel atop a revolving display unit with acrylic brochure display rack. These units are located in 4
strategic, high traffic areas throughout the city: Kingston VIA Rail Station, Norman Rogers Airport, and the Fort Henry
Travel Centre. The design and development cost of the partner panel is included in the fee.
Tear Off Map
The KEDCO tear off map is the single most used directional tool by the travel counselors at the TIO. 40,000
copies of these maps help guide travelers throughout our city (padded in 100’s). These maps are also
purchased by other tourism partners to assist visitors with inquiries and directions. A calendar of events will
be listed on the flip side of the map along with a listing of our Visitor Value Program Partners and their offers.
This opportunity is available for one partner per year – it is an annual print run.
Direct Dial Convenience Line
A dial direct convenience line at the Tourist Information Office for visitors to dial directly to your place of
business. This is limited to 23 partners and is an annual marketing option.
Part C Leads Program
Getting involved with this program is a great way to expand shoulder and off-season business to groups and
conventions. KEDCO tourism partners can specifically target and attract this business through a number of different
marketing initiatives for one low price. It also opens the door to creative packaging opportunities, representation at key
industry trade shows as well as hot lead lists, and the ability to meet and host group travel executives and destination
decision makers during organized Familiarization Tours.
Part D Additional Web Advertising
Get a little extra exposure for your business through a rotating web banner box. Your logo will be “flashed” through (8
second rotations) and will also be hyperlinked directly to your site. The banner box will be featured on the following
tourism.kingstoncanada.com pages as well as others:
Calendar Page http://tourism.kingstoncanada.com/calendar.aspx
Map Page http://tourism.kingstoncanada.com/gettingaround/traveltokingston.asp
Itinerary Page http://tourism.kingstoncanada.com/tourism/itinerary.aspx
F.A.Q. Page http://tourism.kingstoncanada.com/faqs/index.asp
This opportunity is limited to 12 partners and is an annual exposure.
Partners are required to submit a high resolution (135 x 80 pixels) 72 ppi (pixels per inch) logo for this
Due to limited capacity for some of the marketing initiatives preference will be given first to Kingston partners and
secondly to regional partners.
Your KEDCO representatives – contact us for more information:
Rob Carnegie (613) 544-2725, ext 245 email@example.com (613)
Veronique Storey (613) 544-2725, ext.236 firstname.lastname@example.org
Kristen Macdonald (613) 544-2725, ext. 221 email@example.com