1 Post Details
Job Tile: Web Applications Developer
Reporting to: Senior Developer
2 Job Purpose
To develop and support software code and associated technical documentation to
meet user requirements written to the defined technical specification and quality
3 Post Specific Accountabilities
1. Work with the customer to understand and document user requirements.
2. Plan and report progress on own activities in line with the schedule defined
by the project manager and in line with company requirements.
3. Develop code that meets user requirements
4. Develop code that meets the defined technical specification and quality
5. Provide technical documentation and coding comments for the code
6. Work with the senior developer to define technical specifications for the
work to be performed.
7. Provide user support and technical advice on code supported by the
8. Liaise with other developers as appropriate.
9. Identify programming technology that supports and expands the company’s
core development environment.
10. Gain expertise on approved technology, expanding the company’s
knowledge base and capabilities.
11. Contribute to the company’s applications development process and
business process improvement.
4 Key Contacts
1. Customer End user
1. Senior Developer
2. Project Manager
3. Support Manager
5 Post Specific Skills, Experience and Qualifications
1. Good knowledge of core web applications software development
environment. Including, but not limited to Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft
Visual Basic (VB.NET), and Microsoft SQL Server database using HTML,
2. Educated to degree level in relevant IT and / or business discipline.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills.
4. Ability to work as part of the development team to meet team goals.
5. A completer / finisher producing working and robust software solutions.