Terms and Conditions of the Sales Promotion
Virgin Mobile - Free iPod Shuffle
This offer is based on the following Terms and Conditions and How to Claim
information. Please read these carefully and in full before making a free iPod shuffle
HOW TO CLAIM
1 – Eligibility
This offer is available only to Australian residents who are 18 years and above who
sign up with Virgin Mobile (through web and telesales only) on one of the specified 24
month plans before 6/12/07 and who comply with all requirements set out in the
terms and conditions.
• This offer only applies to 1GB iPod shuffles.
• Sign up with Virgin Mobile (Web and Telesales only) for 24 months on all plans
(except Phone on us) between 11/11/2007 and 6/12/07. You have until 10/12/07
to activate your handset (if you have signed up to a new service). Don’t worry
about this if you are upgrading your existing service with us.
• Your correct and completed claim form must mailed be received by 14/12/07 to
VIRGIN MOBILE ROCKS!
PO BOX 614 Eastern
Suburbs Mail Centre NSW 2004.
• This offer is open to Australian residents only.
2 – Activate your Service (SIM card)
Activate your service via the website www.virginmobile.com.au or by calling 1300 555
100 by 10/12/07. Locate the voucher that came in your phone box that contains the
iPod shuffle redemption details and your unique promotional code.
If you are upgrading your existing service, don’t worry about this step.
3 – Complete the iPod shuffle Claim Form
Visit virginmobile.com.au/redeemmyshuffle and enter your details and unique
code then download the iPod shuffle Claim Form. Complete your details including
name, delivery address, mobile and unique code and then mail to VIRGIN MOBILE
ROCKS! PO BOX 614 Eastern Suburbs Mail Centre NSW 2004.
4 – iPod shuffle Delivery
The iPod Shuffle will be sent to the nominated address within 14 days of receiving the
iPod shuffle Claim Form. Customers will be notified by a text message upon dispatch of
the iPod shuffle.
Lost voucher or re-submitting Forms
If you lose or don’t receive your iPod shuffle unique code please contact us
immediately on 1300 887 096.
Lost, misdirected of invalid claim information may be resubmitted providing the final
valid iPod shuffle Claim Form is received by us by 14/12/07.
Promotional Terms and Conditions
1) Instructions on how to claim and the gift form part of these Terms and
Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms
and Conditions. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
2) This offer is only open to persons who are Australian residents aged 18 years
3) The offer opens on 11/11/07 and ends 6/12/07 (“Promotional Period”).
4) Sign up with Virgin Mobile (Web and Telesales only) for 24 months on one of
post paid plans (except Phone on us 15 and Mobile Broadband plans) between
11/11/2007 and 6/12/07.
5) The claim period starts on 11/11/07 and closes on 14/12/07.
6) Eligible claimants will receive a redemption voucher with the Virgin Mobile
handset. The redemption voucher contains a unique code and will direct
claimants to virginmobile.com.au/redeemmyshuffle. To make a valid
claim, claimants must, during the Claim Period, enter their name and unique
code on the nominated website and download an iPod shuffle Claim Form.
Complete the form, including the unique promotional code, name, mobile
number, and the delivery address in Australia where the iPod shuffle is to be
sent to. Then mail to VIRGIN MOBILE ROCKS! PO BOX 614 Eastern Suburbs
Mail Centre NSW 2004.. Claim forms must be received by 14/12/07. Late
claims will not be accepted.
8) Every valid and correct claim received will receive an iPod shuffle RRP $99. In
the event the supplier runs out of silver colour iPod shuffles, an alternative
colour of the promoter’s choice will be sent.
9) Claimants must be within the Virgin Mobile Australia trading terms throughout
the Promotional Period and must not have overdue monies owing as at the date of
submitting their claim in order to be eligible to claim any gift.
10) Multiple claims permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one claim
permitted per specified purchase requirement; (b) each claim must be submitted
separately and in accordance with claim requirements; (c) only one unique code
per claim is permitted; (d) the same unique code cannot be used more than once;
and (e) unrecognised codes will be deemed invalid.
11) Virgin Mobile Australia reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of
all claims and claimants (including a claimant’s identity, age and place of
residence) and to disqualify any claimant for tampering with the claim process or
for submitting a claim which is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Failure by Virgin Mobile Australia to enforce any of their rights at any stage does
not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12) The Virgin Mobile Australia’s decision is final and no correspondence will be
13) Within 14 days of making a claim, claimants will receive a text message to
advise that the iPod shuffle has been dispatched by Australia Post eParcel.
14) Incomplete claims will not be accepted.
15) Certain legislation, including the Australian Trade Practices Act 1974 (Cth),
may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations which cannot be
excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. If those statutory
provisions apply, notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms and
Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Virgin Mobile Australia’s
liability for any breach of those warranties, conditions or obligations is limited to, at
the Virgin Mobile Australia’s option:
(a) in the case of services, the supply of the services again or the
payment of the cost of having the services supplied again; or
(b) in the case of goods, the replacement of the goods or the supply
of equivalent goods; the repair of the goods; the payment of the cost of
replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods; or the payment of the
cost of having the goods repaired.
16) Without limiting the operation of clause 16, and to the extent permitted by law,
Virgin Mobile Australia (including their respective officers, employees and agents)
exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or
damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited
to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under Virgin Mobile Australia’s control); (b) any theft,
unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any claim or offer that is late,
lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the
Promoter or the Supplier) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the
Virgin Mobile Australia; (d) any variation in gift value to that stated in these Terms
and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant; or (f) use of the gift or
unavailability of the gift.
17) The gift is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Only
the person registered on the Virgin Mobile phone plan agreement is eligible to
claim this gift. If there is a dispute as to the identity of a claimant, the claimant will
be deemed to be the person in whose name the mobile phone account is held.
18) If the gift (or part of the gift) is unavailable, the Promoter and the Supplier, in
their discretion, reserve the right to substitute the gift (or that part of the gift) with
a gift to the equal value or specification. The Promoter will endeavour to distribute
a silver iPod shuffle but in the event of limited stock, an alternative colour of the
Promoters choice will be distributed
19) If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being
conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of Virgin Mobile Australia, Virgin Mobile Australia reserves the right, in their
discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any claimant; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20) Virgin Mobile Australia collects personal information in order to conduct the
promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties,
including, but not limited to, its fulfillment partners and as required, to Australian
regulatory authorities. A claim is conditional on providing this information. Personal
available at virginmobile.com.au.
21) The Promoter is Virgin Mobile (ABN 67 092 726 442) of Level 8, 213 Miller St,
North Sydney, NSW 2060 Australia.