I Should Have Stayed In Bed
Um, so get this: Three weeks ago I, Rachel Bond, inherited a bed-and-breakfast. In Alaska. Just this morning I was in my warm bed in LA but now here I am, up north—and this is way north, like nosebleed north—sorting it all out. So:
1. Bears and wolves and moose and whatever else can’t be any worse than LA guys.
2. You know how people talk about “starving artists?” I‘m gonna faint. So it’s probably time for a change.
3. My good friend Kellan—you’ll like him, unlike moi he’s calm and cool under pressure—suddenly has this animalistic sexiness I’ve never even seen before.
4. Give me a minute. I think the “Cons” are going to be a lot easier.
1. ALASKA. Did I already mention this? Which means:
c. Coffee shops, movie theaters, or what I like to think of as “culture”—not a chance
2. I can’t even manage my checkbook—so a B&B is probably going to be a disaster.
3. The house chef can’t cook, and the guide can’t read a map.
4. Kellan’s sudden hotness is getting very hard to ignore.
5. I just got hit by lightning.