2010 Cleveland Area Golden Gloves
Saturday April 3, Friday April 9, Saturday April 10,
Saturday April 17.
BOXING FACT SHEET
1. EVENT: 2010 Cleveland Area Golden Gloves Qualifying Tournament
2. DATES: Saturday April 3, Friday April 9, Saturday April 10 and
Saturday April 17, 2010
3. TIME: 6:00p.m. Nightly
4. SITES: Preliminary: Saturday, April 3, 2010
Quarter-finals: Friday, April 9, 2010
Semi-finals: Saturday, April 10, 2010
2831 Franklin Blvd.
Cleveland, Ohio 44113 Phone: 216-702-7664
Finals: Saturday, April 17, 2010
Cleveland Brown Stadium
1085 West 3rd Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
5. SANCTION Held under Lake Erie Association of USA Boxing
Sanction No. 1018004
6. SPONSORED BY: Cleveland Area Golden Gloves Inc.
4500 Lee Rd. Suite 222
Cleveland, OH 44128
(Ph) 216-662-7445 (Fax) 216-662-7749
7. TOURNAMENT Clytee Dunn
DIRECTOR: 4500 Lee Rd. Suite 222
Cleveland, OH 44128
8. AGE, WEIGHT & All boxers must be 17 years of age as of August 1, 2010 to enter this
DIVISION year’s tournament. Boxer’s who exceed weight class at the first
QUALIFICATIONS: weigh-in must either advance to the next heaviest weight class or
withdraw from the tournament.
SUB- NOVICE Boxers ages 17 thru 34 with 0 bouts
will box (3) one minute rounds. NOVICE boxers ages 17 thru 34
with 10 bouts or less will box (3) two minute rounds. OPEN boxers
ages 17 thru 34 will box (3) three minute rounds.
Eligibility for Mixed Martial Arts and Tough Man participants: SUB-NOVICE any athlete
who has participated in Tough Man or Mixed Martial Art competition is not eligible to enter
the SUB-Novice Division. NOVICE: any athlete who has participated in Tough Man or
Mixed Martial Arts for no more than 2yrs. or less may enter the Novice Division. OPEN any
athlete who has competed in Tough Man and or Mixed Martial Arts competition for 2yrs. or
more can enter the Open Division only. Any Athlete who has participated in Tough Man
and or Mixed Marital Arts and has received a cash payment is not regarded as an amateur
pertaining to USA Boxing rules and will not be permitted to compete in any USA Boxing
9. WEIGHTS CLASS: Male Division
106 112 119 125 132 141 152 165 178 201
101 106 112 119 125 132 138 141
152 165 178 178+
~~ OPEN DIVISION BOXERS~~
Open division boxers must have a minimum of 5 sanctioned bouts
recorded in their passbooks in order to advance to the next level of
10. ENTRIES & The boxers completed entries must be received at the Cleveland
DEADLINE: Amateur Golden Gloves by 5:00 P.M. on Friday March 26, 2010
11. CLUBS: Boxers shall be required to represent the Boxing Club of which
he/she is registered. Unattached boxers are permitted.
12. ENTRY FEE: NONE
13. ADMISSION FEE $20.00(For the Preliminaries, Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals)
RESERVED SEATING Corporate Tables and Reserved Seating will be available for the
14. SPECIAL Admission fee for children 12 & under will be $10.00
ADMISSION FEE: (For the Preliminaries, Quarter Finals and Semi-Finals)
General Admission fee for children 12 & under for the Finals will be $10.00
Reserved Seating fee for children 12 & under for the Finals will be $15.00
15. USA BOXING All boxers and coaches are required to present a current (up-to-
PASSBOOKS date) USA Boxing Passbook at the time of registration and
& CARDS: weigh-in on Saturday, March 27, 2010. All Open Boxers must
have a Photo ID which can be (State Drivers License or State ID).
This must be presented at the time of Registration There Will Be
No Exceptions. Boxers will not be permitted to register for
USA Boxing Passbooks at the weigh-ins or registration.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
16. WEIGH-INS Weigh-in and registrations will be held on Saturday March 27, 2010
& REGISTRATION: at 10:00 am to 12noon. We are urging all boxers to be at the Weigh
Ins at 10:00a.m. at the Masonic Hall, 2831 Franklin Blvd. Cleveland,
Per USA Boxing Rule Article 101.11 Failure to Compete, a boxer
who fails to compete after officially entering a tournament, shall be
required to furnish a satisfactory reason, in writing, or is liable to
Disciplinary action. A boxer may withdraw their entry form from
CAGG office NO LATER than April 2, 2010.
17. WEIGH-INS & After the initial weigh-in and registration, scheduled boxers must
PHYSICALS: weigh-in and be examined on the night of their bout. Weigh-ins on
the night of competitions will at 4:00 P.M.
18. BRACKETING & Bracketing & Draw will be immediately after the weigh-ins and
DRAW: registrations on Saturday, March 27, 2010
19. BOXING SCHEDULE: Boxing will begin on all 4 days @ 6:00 P.M.
20. OFFICIALS: There will be a MANDATORY meeting for all Officals1/2 hour
prior to the time of competition each day.
21. GROOMING: Boxers are required to report to weigh-in clean shaven (no beards or
goatees). A neatly-trimmed mustache is permissible. Hair must be
cut in such a manner that would not interfere with boxer’s vision.
Sideburns are not permitted to extend below the earlobes. Boxers
who do not report to the weigh-ins properly groomed will not be
permitted to weigh-in.
22. EQUIPMENT: Gloves will be provided by The Cleveland Area Golden Gloves Inc.
All other items, i.e. tape, hand-wraps, head guards, foul-
proof cups, form-fitted mouthpieces, competition uniform,
sponges, water bottles, etc., must be provide by the participants.
NOTE: Boxers must wear equipment made to USA boxing
23. BOXING SHIRTS: Boxers are required to wear a boxing shirt (tank top) while
competing in the tournament. Boxers are permitted to wear
boxing shirts or shorts bearing commercial advertising. The boxing
shirt must be inscribed with the name of the city or club the boxer
represents. The boxer’s legal name may also be included on the
24. BOXING OFFICIALS Certified boxing Officials and Coaches (Judges, Referees,
& COACHES: Timekeepers, Physicians, Clerks) are invited to officiate this
tournament. The Cleveland Area Golden Gloves will only
permit two coaches from any registered club; free admission.
25. APPEALS: Each official grievance must be accompanied by a $30.00 grievance
fee. The fee will be returned if the complaint is found to be valid.
RETURN ALL ENTRIES AND INQUIRES NO LATER THAN:
March 26, 2010
Cleveland Area Golden Gloves
4500 Lee Rd. Suite 222
Cleveland, OH 44128