The RCC Stock Market Game
Rules of the game
1) You have $10,000 to invest. You must invest at least $9,000.
2) You will choose two companies from each of these exchanges, the New York Stock
Exchange and NASDAQ. Spend any amount to purchase stock from a total of 4
3) You will buy stock at closing price on ___________. There will be no trades once
you have purchased your stock, so choose well. You will sell your stock at closing
prices on _____________.
4) On __________, you will bring to class a list of stocks and amount invested. Attach a
copy of documentation on the closing price for each of the stocks you purchased and
a short rationale (paragraph) for how you chose each stock. Present choices and
rationale to the class. Hand in your list, paragraph and documentation in class.
5) At least once a week, track the prices of your stocks and prepare a graph to show their
6) On ________, you will bring to class the final figures of your investments. You will
prepare a portfolio with the final figures, including how much money you have ended
up with, graphs of each of the stock’s growth, and documentation of the closing price
of your stocks on _______.
7) You will receive a grade for this project. You will not be graded on whether your
stocks rose or fell, but you will be graded on accuracy of your figures, and
appearance and completeness of the portfolio. You will be asked to report your
experiences in class as well.
8) The 4 winners (2 from each campus) will be determined by amount of income earned,
as well as completeness and accurateness of the final portfolio. Prizes will be
awarded at the __________ class.
Structure for Portfolio:
Executive summary (showing gain/loss, what you learned, what you would have
Beginning and ending documentation (make sure to account for the entire
Graphs showing weekly change in stock prices between _______and _______.
Good luck, have fun, and learn a lot!!