make my own birth certificate

Document Sample
make my own birth certificate Powered By Docstoc
      Neighbours, Inc.
High School Transition Project

     Funded by a Grant from the Pennsylvania Developmental Disabilities Council
  Milestones…..Your 18th Birthday
As your 18th Birthday approaches, there are many things for you and your family to be thinking
about. As with other young adults, many things may change for you when you turn 18. Here are
some things to think about:

Finances – SSI and other sources of income; possibility of a Special Needs Trust; Budgeting;
How        employment income may impact eligibility for public benefits; establishing your own
           bank account and a credit history of your own; saving for your future

Health Care– Medicaid Insurance, Parents’ Health Insurance plan; New doctors and specialists?

State Issued ID card – Non-driver’s ID card, or driver’s license

Voting – voter registration and becoming an informed voter

Selective Service Registration – young men are required by law to register at age 18

Your Legal Rights – Advocacy; Guardianship and alternatives to guardianship

Living Arrangements - Possibility of applying for low-income housing; talking with your family
about your future housing plans; possibility of contributing financially to the costs of your room
and board if you continue to live with your family

Transportation and Social and Recreational activities

OMR (Office of Mental Retardation) services and OVR (Office of Vocational Rehabilitation)
                           Finances - SSI
•   If you have a “permanent disability”, you may be eligible for SSI, or Supplemental Security
    Income. These are funds administered by the Social Security Administration to help provide basic
    income for children and adults with disabilities who have limited income and resources. To qualify
    for SSI, you need to meet the eligibility requirements by having a disability, and also by having a
    limited income. For children under the age of 18, the parents’ income is considered as a
    resource. However, once you turn 18 years old, the Social Security Administration only considers
    your income when determining if you are eligible for benefits.

•   Perhaps you already have SSI benefits. However, if you have not been eligible, up until now, due
    to your family’s income, you will be eligible when you turn 18. If you do not already have SSI
    benefits, and you want to apply at age 18 when your parents’ income will not be considered, then
    the Social Security Administration recommends that you call about one month before your 18th
    birthday to schedule an appointment to begin the application process.
    - To make an appointment, you can call the toll-free phone number at: 1-800-772-1213

•   Your local Social Security office can give you up-to-date information about how much money you
    can save without impacting your SSI benefits, and about how to keep records of the money you
    spend. They can also give you information about “payee-ship” which means that someone you
    trust can receive the monthly SSI checks on your behalf and help you manage the money.

    Finances–Employment Income and How it
         Can Work with Public Benefits
•   Many young people want to work on a full or part time basis after completing high school. Some teens
    also want to work part time while still in school. If you are eligible for public benefits, such as SSI and
    Medicaid, it’s important to know that you can earn a paycheck and still keep some or all of your benefits.
    Here are some important things to know:

     •   The Social Security Administration website has a section called the “Redbook” that can give you up to date
         information about how earned income and social security benefits work together.
     •   You can access this website at:
     •   The toll free phone # for the Social Security Administration is: 1-800-772-1213

•   Social Security has a program called “PASS”, or Plan for Achieving Self Support. PASS is a work
    incentive program for individuals with disabilities who receive SSI but who also want to work. A PASS
    allows you to save some of your income to pay for items related to a work goal. The income that is set
    aside in a PASS is not counted by Social Security when they determine your continued eligibility for SSI.
    With a PASS, you could keep your SSI eligibility even when your income or resources increase because
    you are earning money. A PASS can fund any item that is directly or indirectly connected to achieving a
    work goal. A PASS proposal can be written by anyone, including the individual with the disability. Social
    Security can assist in writing the PASS and they are required to help write it if you ask them to. A PASS
    should be written on the Social Security form for PASS proposals. Social Security must review and
    approve each PASS before it begins. For more information about PASS contact your local Social Security
    office or the national Social Security Administration line at the toll free phone number listed above.

•   Every State has advocacy organizations that can help you understand the ways that you can earn
    income without losing your eligibility for benefits. One statewide resource in Pennsylvania is an
    organization called Protection and Advocacy. Protection and Advocacy offers individual assistance to
    help people understand the ways that they can earn income and still keep some or all of their benefits.
    The toll free phone number for Protection and Advocacy is: 1-800-692-7443.

           Finances – Your Own Bank
           Account and Credit History
•   If you don’t already have your own bank account, you may want to open one soon. Using a bank
    account is one way you can get ready for the kinds of additional responsibility and independence
    that come with young adulthood.
    If you plan to work when you are done with school, you will want to have a bank account to
    deposit your paychecks. If you decide not to work for a paycheck, you may still want to have a
    bank account of your own so that you can deposit any checks that you may receive as gifts, or to
    save other money that you may have. You can talk with your family, and with a bank officer,
    about what kind of account would be best for you and how to set up an account.

•   You may want to learn to use a check book, or a computer software bill-paying program, so that
    you can pay your own bills. You may also want to learn to use an ATM card and/or a credit card
    because they can be convenient when you are shopping or taking care of other business.

•   Building a Credit History - Having a personal credit history will help you later if you want to pursue
    home ownership, rent an apartment, or get a credit card or a cell phone in your own name.
    Someone who is part of your support circle can help you talk with a bank officer about ways you
    can begin to establish a credit history in your own name.

    Finances - Special Needs Trusts
•   Parents and grandparents often want to make provisions to leave money in the form of an
    inheritance to help meet the needs of their children. If not properly planned for, inheritance
    monies and regular trust funds can limit a person’s eligibility for public benefits, and may
    result in the person being cut off completely from public benefits.

•   Public benefits are intended to provide for basic food, clothing, shelter and medical care needs for
    persons with disabilities. However, they do not provide enough money for “extras” such as
    vacations, recreational activities, and other goods and services that may add to the quality of life.

•   Fortunately, the government has established rules that allow parents and other family members to
    leave money and property to their special needs children without jeopardizing the recipient’s
    public benefits. The vehicle for this is called a Special Needs Trust. You can get more
    information about Special Needs Trusts from your local ARC office, or from the national ARC

•   The regulations that govern a Special Needs Trust are complex. It is recommended that these
    types of trusts be set up by a skilled attorney who has experience in this area, as any trust for a
    person who receives SSI will be subject to the evaluation of the Social Security Administration.

            Finances – Microboards and ISOs
•   There is a growing movement throughout the United States, and in some other countries, to give people
    who have disabilities more control over how monies are spent on their behalf. Self-advocates and their
    family members have been increasingly successful in helping funding agencies understand the
    importance of allowing the people who qualify for services to have more control over the way monies are
    spent for them.

•   An Intermediary Service Organization (ISO) provides you with a greater amount of choice, control,
    freedom and responsibility. You ultimately choose the person to provide to you the supports, the types of
    supports that they will provide, when they will occur, and how the support will be carried out. In
    Pennsylvania there are two different models of ISO services. The first is a “Vendor Fiscal Agent ISO”
    and the second is a “Agency with Choice Model”. As ISO acts on your behalf depending on the model
    which you choose in a number of different capacities, from handling the payroll and IRS tax reporting to
    providing training and technical assistance for your employees. You can check with you support
    coordinator for more information. Neighbours, Inc. is a vendor fiscal agent in the Pennsylvania and can
    also be reached for additional information at 610.529.8998.

•   Another kind of support that you may want to learn more about is something called Microboards. A
    Microboard can be formed when a small group of family and friends (support people) join together with a
    person with disabilities to create a non-profit group (board). Together this group of people can address
    the person's planning and support needs in an individualized and person-centered way. Each Microboard
    is created for the sole support of one individual. In addition to helping with overall planning and support,
    a Microboard can serve as a pass-through for public monies for services that can then be spent for
    customized services for the person the Board supports. If you would like more information about
    Microboards, there are some good local resources. In 2004, two families in Delaware County were the
    first in the State of Pennsylvania to set up Microboards. Your OMR Supports Coordinator can refer you
    to local people who can give you more information.

    Health Care – Medicaid Insurance

•   In the State of Pennsylvania, children with disabilities are eligible for Medicaid health insurance coverage
    regardless of their parents’ income level (recent changes in the State regulations mean that some
    parents will soon have to pay a parental share of cost for this coverage). Because of this, you may
    already have Medicaid coverage before you turn 18, even if your parents’ income is above the SSI limits.
    However, some families have not gotten this coverage for their special needs child because they have
    other insurance and did not need the Medicaid coverage as a child.
•   If you are not yet 18 and want to apply for Medicaid insurance, you can call your local area County
    Assistance Office and ask them to send you an application. After you complete the application and send
    it back, the Medical Assistance Office has 30 days to determine your eligibility.
•   If you are turning 18 and you don’t have Medicaid coverage yet, you will be automatically eligible once
    you are found to be eligible for SSI. You can call the County Assistance Office and let them know you
    have applied for SSI. They will let you know what steps to take to make sure your Medical coverage
    starts as quickly as possible.
•   The State of Pennsylvania also has a medical insurance program called MAWD (Medical Assistance for
    Workers with Disabilities). If you eventually have a job where you make so much money that your SSI
    benefits stop, you can still qualify for medical insurance through the MAWD program. Your OMR
    Supports Coordinator, or your local County Assistance Office can give you information about this
•   If you would like more information about Medicaid in Pennsylvania, you can also find information at the
    following website:, by clicking onto the link titled “Services for Pennsylvanians with
    Health Care – Parent’s Insurance
•   If your mother or father has health insurance through their job, you may already be covered on
    their insurance as a dependent. Even though you may already have Medicaid insurance, some
    people also want to continue on their parent’s health insurance for as long as possible so that
    they will have another resource for medical care coverage. Most health insurance plans allow
    parents to continue to cover their young adult children until they are done with school, or until they
    reach age 24. However, health insurance plans vary, so your parents should check with their
    insurance carrier or their human resource department at their job to find out how long you can
    stay covered on their policy.

•   In some instances, you may be able to continue on your parent’s health insurance policy
    indefinitely if the policy allows for coverage of a dependent who is “permanently disabled”. If this
    is an option you want to find out more about, your mother or father can ask their human resource
    department at work, or their insurance broker about this possibility.

     Health Care – New Doctors and
     other Medical Care Providers?

•   If you are changing health insurance coverage at age 18 (or anytime you change insurance
    coverage), you may need to find new doctors and other care providers. Your insurance carrier
    should be able to give you referrals to providers who accept your form of insurance. Some of
    your friends or their parents may be able to recommend good doctors, dentists and medical
    specialists for you too.

•   If you have been seeing a pediatrician, or using a children’s hospital, you may want, or need, to
    start seeing a doctor who specializes in adult care instead. You may also want to think about
    seeing specialists who provide medical care for young men and women. Your pediatrician and
    other childhood medical providers can help you and your parents figure out which types of doctors
    and medical specialists you will need to see as a young adult.

•   If you don’t already have an official ID card, you will probably want to get one soon.
    In Pennsylvania, you can get a state-issued ID card (a “non-drivers license”), which
    will include your picture, at any drivers license photo center. You will need to bring
    other forms of ID, such as your birth certificate, social security card and school ID
    card, with you when you go to apply. There will be a fee for the ID card (the current
    fee, in 2005, is $9.00).

•   Your official ID card will be helpful for you when you want to cash checks or do other
    banking, apply for jobs, travel on an airplane, identify yourself at the social security
    office, or for any other transaction that requires ID.

•   If you have any special medical care needs, it may also be a good idea to wear a
    medical ID. There are many websites where you can purchase medical ID bracelets,
    necklaces or other forms of ID. Some doctors’ offices and pharmacies also have
    order forms available for you to order and purchase medical ID. If you have any
    questions about whether you should carry medical ID, or what it should say, you can
    talk with your doctor.

•   Congratulations! When you turn 18, you are eligible to register to vote if you have been a U.S.
    citizen for at least 30 days before you register. In Pennsylvania, you can apply to register at
    many different locations, including: Department of Transportation photo license centers;
    OMR/OMH offices; Centers for Independent Living and Special Education Offices. You can also
    download the voter registration forms from the State of Pennsylvania website at:

•   To become an informed voter, you may want to talk with your parents and other family members
    to learn how they make their voting decisions. Libraries, Centers for Independent Living, and
    other places in your community probably will offer voter educations sessions around election
    times. You may want to read things about the issues and candidates, or watch programs on TV,
    such as debates and presentations about different voting topics.

•   All voters are entitled to ask someone ( a friend or family member or advocate) to help in the
    voting booth. If you want or need help to vote, you can ask someone you trust to accompany you
    into the booth.

•   People who have a disability are entitled to use an absentee ballot if they choose to. This allows
    you to vote by mail, instead of going to the polling place. You can get more information about
    absentee ballots when you register to vote.

              Selective Service Registration

•   In the United States, all young men must register with the selective service within 30 days of their
    18th birthday. You must stay registered until you turn 26. If you move between the time you
    register and the time you turn 26, you must let the Selective Service know your new address.

•   You can get registration forms from any post office. Some high schools also have the registration
    forms available. You can also register on line at the Selective Service website which is at

•   If you have a disability, you are still required to register. You do not need to inform the Selective
    Service office of your disability at the time that you register. If there is ever a need for a military
    draft, men who have “permanent disabilities” could then apply to be exempt from military service.
    The Selective Service office advises that all young men register at age 18 as they are required to
    do, regardless of whether or not they have a disability.

•   Young women are not required to register with the Selective Service office.

    Guardianship and Alternatives
•   When you turn 18, you have the legal right to make decisions on your own behalf. Sometimes
    people who have disabilities need, and/or want, someone else to help make decisions for them.
    Having a legal arrangement set up so that someone else can help you with decisions may be
    necessary, in some situations, in order to protect your well-being. However, many people with
    disabilities are able to live in the community without needing to have a guardian, as long as their
    family members and friends are able to provide them with whatever decision-making supports
    they may need.

•   Some alternatives to a formal guardianship might include: having a payee for your SSI checks,
    and having someone you trust help you with money management; letting people in your support
    group help you make decisions about different areas of your life; letting your “next of kin” make
    medical decisions on your behalf, etc.

•   If, after considering other options, you or your family members believe that guardianship is
    necessary, it is recommended that you contact an attorney who has experience in this area.

•   In Pennsylvania, the Disability Law Project, The ARC and other disability rights/advocacy groups
    have information available about guardianship, as well as some alternatives to guardianship.

•   The information in this manual is not meant to take the place of legal advice.

        Rights and Responsibilities
•   Earlier in this manual, we gave you some information about Voting, Selective Service
    Registration, and Guardianship and alternatives to guardianship. All of these topics involve rights
    and responsibilities. As a young adult, you may want to learn more about the self-advocacy

•   Throughout the world, people who have disabilities have become more and more able to learn
    about their legal rights and then advocate for those rights to be honored. Many people with
    disabilities say they are tired of other people making decisions for them and that they want to be
    able to make decisions for themselves.

•   Many states have self-advocacy groups for persons with developmental disabilities. In
    Pennsylvania, one of the self-advocacy groups is called Speaking for Ourselves. Chapter groups
    of Speaking for Ourselves members meet regularly to share information and to support each
    other in self-advocacy efforts. The phone number for Speaking for Ourselves is: 610-825-4592.

•   The mission of the ARC is also a mission of advocacy. Your local ARC office is a place to call if
    you want to learn more about issues that affect the rights of people with disabilities and about
    ways you and your support people can be involved with advocacy.

                           Housing Options
•   As you and your family begin to talk about where you would like to live after you finish high school, here
    are some possibilities to think about: renting an apartment by yourself, with friends, or with support
    people; owning a home of your own to live in with friends or with support people; moving in with an
    extended family member or a family friend (such as an aunt, uncle, grandparent, sibling, cousin, etc.); or,
    continuing to live with your family. There may be other possibilities too, depending on your personal

    Here is some information regarding some housing options:
•   Subsidized Housing (usually rental housing) - In Pennsylvania, the Pennsylvania Housing Authority
    (PHA) administers subsidized housing programs. If you want information about “section 8” housing,
    subsidized home ownership, or other subsidized housing programs, you can contact the local (usually by
    county) PHA office to get information and to apply for programs. There is usually a long waiting list for
    subsidized housing, so you may want to contact PHA soon, even if you don’t plan to move out on your
    own for awhile. There are also local programs that help people with disabilities find and secure housing.
    Your OMR Supports Coordinator will be able to give you contact phone numbers and names of those
    local resources.
•   Home Ownership – More and more people with disabilities are finding ways to purchase their own
    homes, even with limited incomes. If you are interested in this possibility, you will want to talk with other
    people who have done it. Your OMR Supports Coordinator, local disability housing groups, your local
    Center for Independent Living, and some of the resource guides that are put together by different
    community groups are places that you can check with to find out more about home ownership
    possibilities, and about ways to connect with people who can help guide you through the process.
•   Continuing to live with your family – Whether you move to an extended family member’s home, or
    continue to live with your immediate family, if you choose this option, you will want to do it in a way that
    takes into account the fact that you are now a young adult. For example, you may want to redecorate
    your room, or agree with your parents on some new privileges and responsibilities around the house
    (such as, making a financial contribution to the family budget, doing your own laundry, having more
    relaxed rules, having a phone of your own, having your own key to the front door, or other things that will
    make sense for you and your family.)
•   Driving: Many people with disabilities are able to learn to drive and get a drivers license. If this is
    something that you want to do, you will want to talk with your family about the possibilities. If you have
    difficulty with reading, the Department of Motor Vehicles will allow you to take the written part of the
    driver’s test by listening to the questions on a headset, instead of reading them. If you need adaptive
    driving equipment, there are several possible resources for funding assistance, including: insurance
    companies, OVR, organizations that are disability-specific, such as for multiple sclerosis or muscular
    dystrophy, local service organizations, and automobile manufacturers. The American Automobile
    Association (AAA) publishes The Disabled Driver's Mobility Guide and develops and sponsors driver
    improvement courses for new, experienced, elderly and disabled drivers.

•   Public Transportation: Local public transportation companies are governed by the ADA (American’s with
    Disabilities Act) that mandates them to provide accessible transportation for persons with disabilities.
    You can learn more about the transportation services in your area by calling your local transportation
    company. If you want to take public transportation, and you need help to learn how, you may be eligible
    for “mobility training” through your school district. This can be discussed at your IEP meeting.

•   Para-Transit: You may be eligible for specialized transportation for medical appointments. Your OMR
    Supports Coordinator, or your County Medical Assistance office can give you information about Para-
    transit services in your area. You can also call your local transportation agency for information about
    specialized transportation for people with disabilities.

                    OMR in Pennsylvania
•   You may be eligible for services from the Office of Mental Retardation. In Pennsylvania, these
    services are provided through the OMR office in the county that you live in. OMR can provide
    Supports Coordination and referrals to community resources. Your OMR Supports Coordinator
    can also give you information about how to get on the waiting list for some funded services. If you
    are not already registered with OMR, and if you qualify to register, you may want to call your local
    office for more information about how to register and what kinds of services they can provide for

                    OVR in Pennsylvania
•   In Pennsylvania, the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation provides services to persons through
    offices in the County that you live in. You may be eligible for some assistance with vocational
    planning, training, job placement, post-placement support, and funding for equipment that you
    may need on the job. Although funding is presently very limited, you may want to contact your
    local OVR office to get information about what services you might be eligible for. Your Special
    Education planning team can also invite your local OVR representative to your IEP meeting when
    the meeting includes vocational planning. If you are eligible for OVR services, they will help you
    develop a IWRP, an Individualized Written Rehabilitation Plan, that will spell out what services
    they will provide for you, and what your responsibilities will be as you work with them to become
    employed and stay employed.

Worksheets for things I need to
    do when I’m turning


The next pages are Worksheets that you, your family and your other support people can use to
help you keep track of the things that you want to work on as you are nearing your 18th birthday.

It is a good idea to make notes when you call someone regarding your planning or your services.
It helps to write down who you call, the date you call and what the results are (for example: “left
message for Mary Smith, OMR Supports Coordinator on 8/5/05”). You may want to get a notebook
or a folder where you can keep all of your notes about your services and your planning.

                Worksheet - Finances
•   If I haven’t applied yet, what steps do I need to take to apply for SSI?
•   What is my responsibility?
•   If I need help, who can help me?
•   When will we do this?
Bank Account
•   What steps do I need to take to set up a bank account?
•   What is my responsibility?
•   If I need help, who can help me?
•   When will we do this?

Special Needs Trust
•   Is this something my family wants to look into?
•   If yes, what steps do we need to take?
•   Who can help?
•   When will we do this?

         Worksheet – Health Care
Health Insurance
• What steps do we need to take about my health insurance?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help?
• When will we do these things?

Medical Care
• Are there things I need to do about getting a new doctor, dentist or specialists?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help me?
• When will we do these things?

Medical ID
• Do I need a medical ID?
• If I do, What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help?
• When will I get a medical ID?

  Worksheet – Civic Involvement
• What steps do I need to take to register to vote?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help me?
• When will I register to vote?

Selective Service
• If I am required to register, how will I do this?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help me?
• When will I register with the Selective Service?

Official Identification
• What steps do I need to take to get an official ID card?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help me?
• When will we do this?

Worksheet -Rights and Responsibilities
• Do I want to learn more about self-advocacy and my legal rights?
• How can I do this?
• What is my responsibility?
• If I need help, who can help me?
• When will I start?

Guardianship/My legal Status
• Does my family and I need to learn more about guardianship and
  alternatives to guardianship?
• If this is something we want to learn more about, what steps do we
  need to take?
• Who can help us do this?
• When will we take these steps?

                 Worksheet – Housing
If I want to apply for subsidized housing, what do I need to do to apply?

•   If I need help who can help me?

•   When will I apply?

If I am going to continue to live at home with my family, what kinds of changes do I
want to make as I become a young adult?

•   If I need help to make these changes, who can help me make these changes?

•   When will I make the changes?

If I want to make plans to live somewhere else (home ownership, extended family,
etc.) what kinds of things do I need to do to get started?

•   If I need help, who can help me?

•   When will I start?

       Worksheet - Transportation
•   Is getting a Drivers License something that is a possibility for me?
•   If yes, what will I need to do to find out more about getting a license?

•   If I need help to get this information, who can help me?
•   When will I work on getting this information?

Public Transportation
•   Do I want to learn to use public transportation independently?
•   If yes, what kind of help will I need to learn how to use public transportation?

•   Who can help me learn, or help me make arrangements to learn?
•   When will I work on this?

•   Do I want to get more information about Para-transit services in my area?
•   If yes, how can I get the information?

•   If I need help to get this information, who can help me?
•   When will I work on this?

                 Worksheet - Services
If I am registered with OMR, who is my Supports Coordinator?________________________
My Supports Coordinator’s phone number is______________________________________
If I need help to keep in touch with my Supports Coordinator, who will help me?_______________

If I am not registered with OMR, but might be eligible, what steps do I need to take to find out if
I’m eligible?

If I need help to get information about OMR eligibility, who can help me?
When will I do this?

The phone number for my local OVR office is________________________________________
If I have a contact person at OVR, their name is______________________________________
If I need help to contact OVR, who can help me?_____________________________________

                  Going Forward…….
•   If you’ve gotten this far, you’ve accomplished a great deal. Even if you haven’t completed the
    worksheets yet, just looking at the information about all the areas that you will need to think about
    as a young adult took a lot of work on your part.

•   The next part of this manual is a separate section called “The Integrated Plan”. Most of you
    probably have several plans, IEP, ISP, and other plans depending on what services you have or
    need. The idea of the Integrated Plan is to have one place where you and your support people
    can keep track of:

     –   Your hopes and dreams for your future,
     –   What kinds of steps you will need to take to move towards those hopes and dreams,
     –   What kinds of supports you will need to take those steps,
     –   Who can provide those supports, and,
     –   When you and your support people will do the different things that need to be done.

                      Integrated Transition Plan
Name of Participating Student: ________________________________________
Name of Support Broker: _____________________________________________
Date of Transition Plan:_______________________________________________
Names of other contributing individuals:
The following Integrated Transition Plan is to be written by
____________________________________________(assigned Support Broker)
 to help _________________________________________________(participant)
articulate a vision for the future and help prioritize the order and timeliness in
which short term goals need to be accomplished to reach the long term goals.
The support broker will also review with the participant all other plans and
incorporate necessary information into the Integrated Transition Plan. The
Integrated Plan will cover the following topics:
The individuals background including hobbies, interests, and other important facts.
Long term Vision
Short term goals to reach the long term vision.
An analysis of what support is needed to achieve the short term goals.
Which individuals will be responsible for providing the necessary support?
Timelines for all short term goals
A description of type of support needed to sustain the long term vision.

                      Part 1: Background Information

In this section please briefly describe the participant’s background information.
Please be sure to include his/her age, a description of his/her abilities, hobbies, work
experience, etc.

                           Part 2: Long term Vision

In this section, please briefly describe project participant’s long term vision. You
should be sure to include specifics regarding life skills, communication, daily living,
education, relationships, transportation, health care, free time, finances, and social
and recreational activities.

                      Part 3: Short term goals
In this section, please write short term goals in which the participant and
support broker agree will help to achieve the vision for the future. Please
be detailed and include any workshops, training, job coaching, other
assistance that will be necessary for the participant to achieve these goals.
Please be as detailed as possible. Also please include the support that will
be necessary for each of these goals, who will be responsible for providing
necessary support, and a timeline for beginning and completing each goal


Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

                     Part 3: Short term goals continued

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

                     Part 3: Short term goals continued

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

                     Part 3: Short term goals continued

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

Support Necessary:

Person Responsible:

          Part 4: Support needed to sustain the long term vision
In this final section, please note what type of long term support will be necessary to
maintain the participant’s final vision for transition. Please include funding ideas,
timelines for paperwork, and supports by individuals that will need to continue.