WHAT is a Rapid Improvement Event?
• A 4 ½ day team-based event
• Focused on evaluating current work processes with the goal of optimizing work
WHY are we doing a Rapid Improvement Event?
The areas of focus include:
• Reinvigorating the structure of bullet rounds to facilitate discharge planning
• Enhancing interprofessional collaboration
• Improving communication with patients and families
• Impacting unnecessary days of stay by utilizing optimal tools and processes
February 26th – March 2nd, 2007
Toronto Western Hospital GIM Units: 8A, 8B & 3B
WHO is the team?
Representatives from: Physicians, Nursing, Allied Health, Flow and CARDS