Bamfield Community Museum and Archive
Museum Assistant Position
The Bamfield Community Museum and Archives requires a Museum Assistant for the 2010
summer months to assist with the Museum exhibit research, planning and creation, as well as
archives cataloguing. The position will include docent responsibilities.
Please ensure that the following eligibility requirements can be met:
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
• Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• Not have another full time job (over 30 hours a week) while employed
• Have been a full-time post-secondary student in the Winter/Spring 2010 semester preceding this position
• Intend to return to full-time studies in the Fall 2010 semester following this position.
This position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, good computer software skills and the
ability to work respectfully with others. The Bamfield Community Museum and Archives is located on the west
coast of Vancouver Island, BC in a small, remote, marine oriented village. A love and knowledge of the out of doors
will be an asset.
The work week will average 35 hours and remuneration will be $12 per hour.
Start date May 10th. Duration of job is 15 weeks.
Please send your resume with a covering letter explaining your eligibility and interest in this position to
Heather Cooper, Program Supervisor,
Bamfield Community School Association,
General Delivery, Bamfield, BC. V0R 1B0
Note: This job may be available pending funding application outcome.