APPLICATION NOTES (ABP SERIES)
1. Mounting 6. Other handling precautions 8) Avoid using the pressure sensor
Use lands on the printed-circuit 1) That using the wrong pressure chip where it will be susceptible to
boards to which the sensor can be range or mounting method may result ultrasonic or other high-frequency
securely fixed. in accidents. vibration.
2. Soldering 2) Dry air can be used directly as a 9) Since static charge can damage the
1) Due to its small size, the thermal pressure medium. Consult with us pressure sensor chip, bear in mind the
capacity of the pressure sensor DIP before using a corrosive gas ( such as following handling precautions.
type is low. Therefore, take steps to a gas given off by an organic solvent, When storing the pressure sensor
minimize the effects of external heat. sulfite or hydrogen sulfide ) as the chips, use a conductive material
Dip soldering bath: Max. 260¢J (500 pressure medium. to short the pins or wrap the
¢K ), 5 sec. 3) The pressure sensor chip is entire chip in aluminum foil.
positioned inside the pressure inlet. Plastic containers should not be
Soldering iron: Max. 260¢ to 300¢ J J
Never poke wires or other foreign used to store or transport the
(500 to 572¢K ) (30W) within 5 sec.
matter through the pressure inlet since chips since they readily become
2) Use a non-corrosive resin type of
they may damage the chip or block charged.
flux. Since the pressure sensor DIP
the inlet. Avoid use when the When using the pressure sensor
type is exposed to the atmosphere, do
atmospheric pressure inlet is blocked. chips, all the charged articles on
not allow flux to enter inside.
4) Use an operating pressure which is the bench surface and the work
3. Cleaning within the rated pressure range. Using personnel should be grounded so
1) Since the pressure sensor chip is a pressure beyond this range may that any ambient static will be
exposed to the atmosphere, do not cause damage. safely discharged.
allow cleaning fluid to enter inside. 5) Since this pressure sensor chip 10) Due to the pressure involved, give
2) Avoid ultrasonic cleaning since does not have a water-proof due consideration to the securing of
this may cause membrane breaks or construction, consult with us if it is to the pressure sensor DIP type and to
disconnections in the wiring. be used in a location where it may be the securing and selection of the inlet
4. Environment sprayed with water, etc. tube. Consult us if you have any
Consult with us before using or 6) Avoid using the pressure sensor queries.
storing the pressure sensor chip in a chip in an environment where
place exposed to corrosive gases condensation may form. Furthermore,
( such as the gases given off by its output may fluctuate if any
organic solvents, sulfites, hydrogen moisture adhering to it freezes.
sulfides, etc. ) which will adversely 7) The pressure sensor chip is
affect the performance of the pressure constructed in such a way that its
sensor chip. output will fluctuate when it is
5. Quality check under actual loading exposed to light. Especially when
conditions pressure is to be applied by means of
1) To assure reliability, check the a transparent tube, take steps to
sensor under actual loading prevent the pressure sensor chip from
conditions. Avoid any situation that being exposed to light.
may adversely affect its performance.
2) As for test data, please contact us.
APPLICATION CIRCUIT DIAGRAM MOUNTING METHOD TERMINAL CONNECTION TABLE
(EXAMPLE) The general method for transmitting Terminal Name
The pressure sensor is designed to air pressure is shown below. No.
convert a voltage by means of • Checkpoints for use 1 Power supply (+)
constant current drive and then, if <1> Select a pressure inlet pipe which 2 Output (+)
necessary, it apmlifies the voltage for is sturdy enough to prevent 3 Power supply (-)
use. The circuit shown below is a pressure leaks. 4 Power supply (-)
typical example of a circuit in which <2> Fix the pressure inlet pipe 5 Output (-)
the pressure sensor is used. securely as to prevent pressure 6 No connection
<3> Do not block the pressure inlet
RECOMMENDED PC BOARD PATTERN
circuit unit Pressure sensor
Amplifier circuit unit