Church Athletic League of Kingston Bursary Guidelines
The Church Athletic League announces two bursaries of $ 575.00 to be awarded annually to two (2)
Conditions of Award
1. The candidate shall be at least sixteen years of age or in Grade XII.
2. The candidate shall have participated in and fulfilled the conditions of the Church Athletic
League for three years.
3. The candidate will be eligible to receive the bursary only once.
4. The candidate shall make personal application for the bursary and the signature of their
minister; priest, rabbi or association president as well as parents and school principal
should support it.
5. The bursary is for the sole purpose of assisting the candidate in furthering his or her
education and is to be administered at the discretion of the committee.
6. The Church Athletic League Bursary Committee as set up at this date shall have the power
to make the decision as to whom the bursary is given and their decision is final.
7. Applications shall be received by the Secretary of the Church Athletic League and/or
Chairperson of the Bursary Committee on or before May 1st at the Harold Harvey Arena, 42
Church Street, Kingston (CAL mailbox).
8. All bursaries will be payable to the successful candidates upon acknowledgement to the
chairperson of the Bursary Committee of acceptance to a post secondary education.
Church Athletic League of Kingston
Bursary Application Form
Telephone: _________________________ Email: _______________________________________
Age as of September 1, 2008: _______ Date of Birth: _____________________
Current School: ____________________________________________
Church, Synagogue, or CAL Association Affiliation: _________________________________
Name of Parent or Guardian: ______________________________
Church Athletic League History (Minimum 3 years of participation)
1. Average for last two years: Most recent year: _______ Two years ago _______
2. Average on most recent set of examinations: _________
3. List of school activities in which candidate participated (offices held if applicable):
Future Educational Goals
1. What higher educational institution are you planning to attend? _________________________________
2. What are your future career plans? ________________________________________________________
3. Indicate the ways in which your financial needs might be assisted by this bursary.
Certification of Participation
This is to certify that, in accordance with the Church Athletic League’s objectives, I have, to the best of my
ability, taken part in the spirit of recreational enjoyment, promoted an atmosphere of mutual respect, fun,
and understanding among participants, while striving to become a better citizen, sportsperson, and leader.
Signature of Candidate
Signature of Parent or Guardian
Signature of Priest, Minister, Rabbi or Association President (*where available)
Signature of School Principal
**application deadline April 25, 2009**