2010 Tri-City REACH AWARDS
Recognizing Efforts and Achievements Across Community & Home
The Tri-City REACH Awards recognizes the generous contribution of individual youth, youth groups, businesses and organizations, and
adult mentors in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam and Port Moody who have helped to make our communities youth friendly.
We would like you to nominate a youth or youth advocate who has contributed to the community over the past year (May 2009 to April
2010) and who has positively supported youth (11 to 18 years). ALL valid nominees will be recognized at the Tri-City REACH Awards
Ceremony 6:30pm to 8:30pm, May 6, 2010, at the Gathering Place, 1100-2253 Leigh Square Place, Port Coquitlam BC Canada V3C 3B8.
Criteria for Individual Youth:
(Nominated by a: Youth Group Leader, Teacher, Coach, Youth Worker, Volunteer Supervisor, etc.)
• Individual youth or members of youth group must be 11 to 18 years of age.
• Nominee(s) has volunteered consistently throughout the past year (May 2008 to April 2009) and has worked on behalf of others, the
community, and/or the environment (examples: peer tutoring or counseling, volunteering in community programs/school, raising
awareness about an issue, coordinating an event, etc.)
• A positive role model for their peers and committed to community service.
Criteria for Businesses or Youth Organizations:
(Nominated by a(n): Community Leader or Organization)
• Any local non-profit, private or public organizations such as; Community Service Organizations, Stores, Restaurants or Government
agencies who have made a positive contribution to youth and has not been nominated for a Tri-City REACH Award in the last 2 years.
• For example: Providing monetary donations, space, fundraising for youth initiatives, creating positive opportunities, offering free to
low-cost youth programs, specializing in youth employment, etc.
Criteria for Individual Adult Mentor:
(Nominated by a: Individual Youth, Adult or Community Organization)
• An adult (coach, teacher, youth worker/counselor, mentor, neighbor, friend, etc) who volunteers or works for the benefit of youth.
• Nominee must be a positive role model who has made a special effort to support youth in the community and has not been nominated for a
Tri-City REACH Award in the last 2 years.
Deadline: Please submit nominations by Friday, April 2, 2010.
Completed forms can dropped off, mailed, or faxed to:
Chill Yin Lee Corina Lefebvre Russ Brummer
City of Coquitlam City of Port Moody City of Port Coquitlam
1260 Pinetree Way 300 Ioco Road 1379 Laurier Ave
Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 7Z4 Port Moody, B.C. V3H 2V7 Port Coquitlam, B.C. V3B 2G9
OR Fax: 604-931-6954 Fax: 604-927-7984
Poirier Community Centre Phone: 604-469-4562 Phone: 604-927-7981
630 Poirier Street OR
Coquitlam, BC V3J 6B1 2150 Wilson Ave.
Fax: 604-927-6919 Port Coquitlam, BC V3C 2A8
Nomination forms can also be found at:
www.coquitlam.ca www.cityofportmoody.com www.pocoyouth.com
File #: 15-7710-01/000/2009-1 Doc #: 760669.v1
Tri-City REACH Awards
Nominee Information (Who are you Nominating? Check One):
A Youth (11 – 18 years old) A Business or Organization
A Youth Group An Adult Mentor
*Name/ Contact (full name):
Name of Business/ Organization or Youth group:
Age (if applicable): Grade (if applicable): School:
*Province: *Postal Code:
*Phone Number: Email:
1. Give a brief description of the youth/ youth group, business/ organization or adult mentor.
2. List the specific community service/ volunteer work that the youth/youth group has accomplished in the
past year (May 2008 to April 2009) OR list the ways that the business/ organizations or adult mentor has
supported youth over the past year.
3. How has this person’s effort made a positive difference to the youth in the community?
4. What qualities/ skills make this person or group a good candidate for the TRI-CITY REACH award?
*Name (full name):
*Province: *Postal Code:
*Phone Number: *Relationship to nominee: