Classroom Tips for Google Earth
1. Add your school as a placemark in the My Places folder.
2. Create a second folder for teaching locations. You can then fly to each place
mentioned in a lesson.
3. Make detailed air photograph or map overlays for your local area.
4. Activate the Roads layer and turn Terrain off before trying to add an image
5. One of the simplest strategies to illustrate major surface features (for example
large areas of urban sprawl, mountains, or deserts) is to zoom right in, then set
the view slowly scrolling. Sit back and enjoy the view!
6. Measure distances using Tools/Measure.