TOURISM / BUSINESS
In reference to your recent request for a Visa application, please find listed below
the required documentation to be submitted to this office in order to apply for an entry
visa to Italy for tourism / business.
1) Personal appearance: The applicant must personally appear at this Consular
office to present his/her application;
2) Valid Passport or travel document along with a valid driver’s license or State issued I.D.
All passports, travel documents, re-entry permits, etc., must be valid for Italy and for all
the other Schengen Countries for at least 3 months beyond the requested visa expiration
date and must have one completely empty page available. Please make sure that you
have signed your passport or travel document.
3) Application form duly filled out in all its parts and signed by the applicant;
4) 1 recent photograph, passport size 2”x 2” ;
5) Airline ticket or official itinerary issued by the travel agent. It is mandatory to indicate the
exact order of entry and exit and the arrival date in Italy. Open ended tickets or stand-
by tickets are not acceptable. This office may request the original ticket if the presented
itinerary is not satisfactory.
6) Hotel reservations for the entire sojourn in Schengen territory, proof of registration with
an organized tour, including the full addresses of all hotels visited, rental agreement for
vacation home or declaration of invitation (in original) for staying with family or friends
(the host in Italy must submit a “Dichiarazione di invito”, the host’s personal data and
address must be clearly indicated. A copy of the host’s valid “permesso/carta di
soggiorno” for foreign nationals residing in Italy, or a copy of the host’s Italian
passport/ID must be included along with the invitation letter). If applicable the receipt of
the “versamento bancario “must also be presented. This documentation must be
submitted in original to this office by the applicant;
7) Proof of financial means showing the applicant’s ability to support his/her stay in Italy
(most recent bank statement or notarized letter/statement from the bank showing the
8) Reference letter from employer confirming current employment status with contact
information. If the applicant is self-employed, a notarized copy of the business license,
and most recent business income tax return form are required ;
9) Alien Registration Card or current Visa status in the USA (B1-B2 visas are not
accepted); Students should submit an updated I-20, and exchange visitors require a
10) Proof of medical insurance that will cover the applicant while traveling in schengen
11) IF APPLICANT IS TRAVELING FOR BUSINESS the following is required:
a) Letter from the local employer guaranteeing travel expenses, specifying name and
address of the company to be visited, length and the purpose of the trip.
b) Original letter of invitation from the Italian company/branch confirming the above
stated purpose of the business trip along with an original “Certificato di Visura
Camerale “ (issued by the Italian chamber of commerce within the last three months).
12) Non refundable Visa processing fee. See table on application form for current
fee. The visa fee is payable only by money order or cashier’s check;
13) To receive your passport endorsed with the visa by mail please provide a self addressed
pre-paid envelope (Express Mail is recommended. REGULAR MAIL WILL NOT BE
ACCEPTED. THIS OFFICE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEM RELATED
TO THE MAILING OF THE PASSPORT.)
14) If the applicant is a minor (under the age of 18), affidavit by the parents or legal guardian
authorizing the travel into Italy is required.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- PLEASE BRING A COPY OF EACH DOCUMENT. This Consulate General will accept ONLY notarized
- The granting of the Visa is contingent upon the authorization from Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- This Consular Office has full authority to evaluate and request additional documentation, if deemed necessary.
Furthermore, the applicant is hereby informed that submitting all required documentation does NOT guarantee
the issuance of any particular visa.
- Please be advised that it may take a minimum of 3 business days and up to 90 days to process the visa
INFORMATION REGARDING THE STATUS OF ANY VISA APPLICATION WILL NOT BE GIVEN BY PHONE, MAIL
OR FAX. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THIS OFFICE TO REQUEST SUCH INFORMATION.