Hook: 12-8 Mustad 9672
Thread: Black 6/0
Tail: Red saddle hackle fibers
Body: Yellow dubbing
Rib: Oval gold tinsel
Hackle: Brown saddle hackle
Wing: Mallard Flank
1. Tie in red hackle fibers at bend of hook, and trim off excess butts.
2. Tie in oval gold tinsel as ribbing.
3. Dub yellow dubbing on to your thread and wrap forward, leaving enough room
at eye to tie in hackle and wing.
4. Wrap oval gold rib over top of yellow dubbing body.
5. Tie in brown saddle hackle; make 2 or 3 wraps, stroking the fibers back after
6. Tie in mallard on top of fly, tips should extend past the body. Trim excess,
whip finish, and head cement.