• 25% REDUCTION IN TYRE WEAR
• 3% IMPROVED FUEL EFFICIENCY
• 27% REDUCTION IN BLOWOUTS
Lower vehicle running costs, improved OHS
issues, can you afford not to run on Nitrogen?
• As normal compressed air passes through the casing of the tyre, oxidation
is caused within the tyre belts, reducing the life of the casing and increasing
the risk of blow-outs. As nitrogen is clean and dry, there is no moisture and
the larger nitrogen molecules will not pass through the tyre casing like air.
• Nitrogen molecules are 4 times larger than air and as a result will not
permeate through the casing of the tyre resulting in pressure loss.
• Nitrogen is a more stable gas than air and as such will not give high
ﬂuctuations in temperature and therefore pressure within the tyre.
Lower running temperature
• Fluctuation in pressure means increased temperature resulting in
increased tyre wear.
• As the pressure in the tyre is more constant, you will not get the increase
in temperature and pressure like you get with tyres inﬂated with normal
Reduction of tyre management
• We all know it is time consuming and the last thing checked. But the tyre
pressure is critical to the handling and efﬁciency of the truck. With nitrogen,
as the pressure stays constant and there is no loss through the tyre, less
monitoring is needed by drivers and maintenance staff.
3% saving on fuel costs
• As the tyre loses pressure, the tyre surface on the road increases. With a
10% reduction in tyre pressure, research has shown that you will get a 3%
increase in fuel usage.
5 Psi differential on duals
• Tyre manufacturers recommend a maximum of 5 Psi difference in pressure
between the inner & outer tyre of a dual wheel.
• Nitrogen assits to achieve this with more constant temperature & pressure.
• Quality Pulford rotary screw compressor
• Refrigerated air dryer
• Ample storage for both air and nitrogen
• Two step air ﬁltration
• Easy-to-operate digital tyre inﬂator
• Nitrogen concentration sensor
• Dedicated nitrogen hose
• Optional dual system air / nitrogen
Pulford are a 100% Australian
owned air compressor company
who specialise in the design,
manufacture, service and
installation of quality, reliable
The company has been producing and servicing air compressors since 1925 and now boasts a
range of more than 80 models including the ﬂexibility to design and build custom packages to
meet customer’s requirements.
We pride ourselves on being market focused, continually supporting the developments and
introduction of innovative new products.
With our years of knowledge and experience in industry, along with our high standards of
materials and workmanship, Pulford is committed to driving down our customer’s total cost of
business, through improving the overall efﬁciency of the system operation by delivering the
highest quality, reliable compressed air and continuous nitrogen supply available on the market.
Through the experience gained from our long history with the addition of over 12 months of
product development, we feel that we can offer the transport and tyre industry the best possible
package in nitrogen generation technology in Australia.
Sydney Head Ofﬁce and Manufacturing
5 – 7 Baker Street, Botany NSW
Ph 02 9316 9735 | Fax 02 9666 5748
7 / 66 Pritchard Road, Virginia QLD
www.pulford.com.au Ph 07 3265 7700 | Fax 07 3265 4411