System Requirements for Survey Creators and Administrators
Builder, DataPump, and Analyzer
• PC with 600 MHz processor minimum; 1 GHz processor or better recommended
(Windows Vista minimum)
• 256 MB of RAM minimum; 1 GB of RAM or greater recommended (Windows Vista
• Hard disk space required: 300 MB +
• VGA 1024 x 768 or higher, recommended; 800 x 600 supported
• Microsoft® Windows Vista Business or better with SP1 (32-bit only), Microsoft®
Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP3), Microsoft® Windows Server
• Standard user (Power Users Group) or better access to the computer
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
• Broadband Internet access required for check for updates feature and for auto-
hosted web surveys
Email (if administering email surveys or sending invitations)
• Any SMTP/POP3 or MAPI* compliant e-mail program such as Lotus® Notes,
Microsoft® Outlook, or Microsoft Outlook Express.
* MAPI-compliant e-mail such as Microsoft® Outlook, Mail or Exchange.
CDO “Collaboration Data Objects" is required and is not installed by default
during the MSOffice installation process.
OMR Deployment (Printer Requirements)
In order to print single-sided forms as scannable documents on your Laser Printer, your
printer must have the following capabilities:
• Laser Printer that is PCL6 compatible *
• Capable of 600 dpi print resolution (minimum)
• Capable of printing .25 inches (6.35 mm) from the leading and trailing edges of the
page. Capable of printing .20 inches (5 mm) from the critical edge (the timing track
• Feeds the paper through by the 8 1/2 inch edge, (i.e. not the 11 or 14 inch edge)
• Recommend that the laser printer have a paper tray
• While PCL6 compatibility is critical for the successful printing of OMR scannable
forms, there may be some instances where a Post Script driver will be required in
order to allow forms to be printed at the required 5mm margin.
• While the above requirements allow for successful printing of OMR scannable forms,
Scantron cannot guarantee scannability of forms printed on individual laser printers.
Should scannability be critical, is suggested that you utilize Scantron's custom form
printing services in order to print your forms.
34 Parker, Irvine CA 92618
OMR Deployment (Scanner Requirements)
• The following Scantron Scanners are supported: ScanMark 2000, 2250, 2500, 4000,
5500, 6500, ES 2010, ES 2260, and ES 2800.
OMR Deployment (Standard Form Requirements)
F-5231-STC-L and F-18331-ELIS-L: Dual Readhead scanner required
F-180-L: Single or Dual Readhead scanner
Note: A duplex printer or copier can be used to overprint the questions onto the
Scantron standard forms. eListen can overprint directly onto the forms, or
you can print the survey on white paper and place the standard forms as
paper in the copier.
AutoPump Collection Server (Enterprise edition only)
• Workstation or server running Windows Server 2003, Windows XP Professional or
Windows Vista Business or better with SP1 (32-bit only)
• 1 GB of RAM recommended, 256 MB minimum plus 4 additional MB for each survey
being collected simultaneously
Web Server (if administering Web surveys)
• Microsoft® Server 2003 Server running IIS
• Linux running Apache with Perl 5.0 or greater
• FTP Server (optional); Secure FTP over SSH
Note: Microsoft® IIS, WU-FTP, or Solaris FTP
System Requirements for Survey Respondents
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
• Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later
Diskette or Network Deployment
• Same as Builder, DataPump, and Analyzer requirements
• Any SMTP/POP3 or MAPI compliant e-mail viewer
34 Parker, Irvine CA 92618