El Cajon Valley High School
Name of Student:______________________________ID#________________Date________________
AVID is a program that prepares students for four-year college eligibility.
1. Academic Success (A-B-C) in all college preparatory courses.
2. Successful completion of college eligibility requirements (a-g courses).
3. Enrollment in four-year college or university after high school graduation.
1. Maintain satisfactory, if not outstanding, citizenship and attendance in all classes.
2. Maintain DAILY the AVID notebook with assignment and grade record sheets and daily notes in all
3. Complete all homework assignments and commit to at least two hours of homework every night, even if
you do not have any official assignments due the following day. Activities you can complete during
nightly study hours include SAT preparation, free reading, studying for upcoming exams, revising an
essay, taking notes on upcoming textbook readings, etc. See AVID teacher if you run out of study
4. Maintain enrollment in college preparatory or advanced placement courses with at least a 2.5 GPA. By
the junior year, your GPA should be at least a 3.0.
5. Prepare to enroll in honors or AP courses by the junior year.
6. Prepare the night before tutorial request forms and be ready to turn them in upon entering the AVID
classroom on tutorial days.
7. Attend Night Library tutoring for those classes in which you are receiving a C or below.
8. Support, Respect, Encourage, and Show Enthusiasm both inside and out of the AVID classroom.
I agree to accept enrollment into the AVID elective class, which will offer academic support to me. I
want to succeed, and I understand that I must take individual responsibility for my own success. I
understand that in order to give fair consideration to my involvement with program, I must commit to
remaining enrolled in the AVID elective for at least one year, and that I will be allowed to remain in the
program only if I meet the student responsibilities as outlined above. I also understand that studies
show that I will be most likely to demonstrate academic improvement if I remain in the program for all
four years of high school, and most likely will meet my goal of four-year college enrollment if I remain
in the AVID program throughout my senior year of high school.
We agree to support the efforts of this student in meeting the goals as outlined above.
AVID Coordinator Signature Parent Signature