Job Title: Administrative Assistant (Job Ref: OCR272)
Department/Business Stream: Data Capture, OCR
Reports to: Administrative Officer
• To assist with the manual loading of marks, grades and associated data in an accurate and timely
• Manual input (keying) of marks, ensuring that all required data is online at the point of results
• Carry out final checks on marks before results are processed.
• Supervise a small team of temporary staff during peak processing times.
• Assist with the coordination of enquiries from examination centres following the publication of
• Liaise with examination centres over outstanding data i.e. entries, forms and other candidate and
• Liaise with internal departments, forging good working relationships.
• Maintain accurate process documentation.
• Respond to customer enquiries.
• Assist in User Acceptance Testing of current and new systems, reporting defects and possible
• Assist in the preparation and updating of forms, procedures and documents as required.
• Carry Forward of coursework marks process.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics, Grade C or above.
• Excellent administrative skills, including the ability to prioritise own work.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Strong, customer-focused communication skills.
• Good organisation skills.
• Flexible attitude towards tasks and the undertaking of new tasks as new schemes evolve.
• Confidence in liaison with staff at all levels.
• Ability to contribute effectively to team meetings.
• Ability to give and receive feedback to improve processes and working relationships.
• Work to specific timescales and deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a team.