Project Coordinator - Zambia
The project coordinator will provide in country project management of the implementation of the
Health Workforce Strengthening programme in Zambia, coordinate implementation and provide a
focal point for all THET supported activities in Zambia.
The Project Coordinator is accountable to the Zambia Programme Manager. S/he will work closely
with the Ministry of Health – Zambia (ZMOH), the University of Zambia (UNZA), Health Link partner
organisations (in Zambia and UK) and with colleagues in all THET teams.
1. Project/Links management and coordination
a) Act as the point of contact in Zambia for THET’s programme.
b) Provide administrative and logistical support to volunteers and THET staff in Zambia.
c) Work closely with THET secondees, ZMOH and UNZA and to successfully implement the
Health Workforce strengthening project
d) Work with partners to ensure that projects are effectively monitored.
e) Work with partners to ensure the financial accountability of THET-supported projects.
f) Prepare high quality narrative and financial reports and ensure their timely submission to
THETs London’s office.
g) Work closely with Health Link partners in Zambia to identify and assess needs; develop
project plans and support the implementation of THET’s Zambia programme.
h) Work with THET colleagues and other stakeholders to disseminate lessons learned from the
project and Links.
2. Networking and maintaining linkages
a) Represent THET at external meetings with donors, NGOs and others, promoting all aspects of
its work as appropriate.
b) Provide support to existing Health Links in Zambia and support the development of new Links
c) Coordinate learning and sharing events/programmes amongst volunteers and key project
3. Organisational development
a) Maintain effective administrative systems and ensure that project information is easily
accessible to all THET colleagues.
b) Undertake other tasks as may be required, commensurate with experience.
1. Commitment to THET’s ethos and values.
2. At least 3 years relevant work experience in Zambia, preferably in the health sector.
3. Demonstrable experience of project/programme management.
4. Degree level education, preferably in health or international development.
5. Excellent financial skills (budget preparation and monitoring).
6. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
7. Self motivated and self manage much of the time
8. Evidence of initiative
9. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with senior staff from diverse organisations.
10. Good Word and Excel skills.
11. Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
12. Ability to travel within Zambia regularly as and when required.
13. Zambian resident with right to work in Zambia
1. Experience of preparing funding proposals for institutional donors.
2. Knowledge and experience of working with government health ministries and/or health training
3. Experience providing support to volunteers
4. Experience of managing DFID-funded projects.