Submitting Book Chapters via
A Short Guide for Wiley-VCH
Are you the submitting author?
• If yes, please use the user name and continue
with the rest of the slides.
• If no, please nominate one of your colleagues
on your behalf.
• We will then ensure access is granted to the
correct person as there is only one account per
manuscript is generated.
What is Manuscript Central?
• Manuscript Central is a website similar to those
used by the journals, with manuscript tracking
• It allows manuscripts to be uploaded onto the
website where they can be altered, edited or
checked by both the author, editor and the
• It is designed to make manuscript submission
Where does the process begin?
• In order to begin, you will be sent your User
name by email.
• You then have to set your password to one of
your own devising.
• You then come to the following screen:
Enter your User ID
Enter your password
If necessary, request new password
What happens next?
• Once you have logged in, you will end up
in your Author/Authoring Centre which
looks like this:
Click on Author Centre
In your author centre
• You will have to click on Invited Manuscripts.
• This will show you the agreed title of your
manuscript (as in your contract) to be uploaded.
• Click on the Continue Submission button.
If needed, click on
„Get help now“
Click on button
• You will end up on a sequence of screens with
Submit a Manuscript in the top left hand corner.
• Please note that some fields are filled in from
information supplied earlier and cannot be
Submission Screen 1 - Title
Note: This is the planned title of your
contribution and cannot be changed.
You may enter alternative suggestions into
the manuscript file
Submission Screen 4 –
Details & Comments
No changes needed
on screens 2 and 3 Enter any additional notes here
or attach a cover letter
These are plan figures and
cannot be changed, the
checkboxes have to be marked
• Ensure that all authors are included in the main
document with a contact address.
• Ideally we would prefer text, figures and tables
to be submitted separately with indicators in the
text as to their location.
• All figures CAN be grouped into one document
and uploaded as one file.
• The same applies for tables.
• Some file formats are not compatible and an
error message will appear on the screen.
• Please note that depending on your network
connections, this process may take some time.
Submission Screen 5 – File
Please select appropriate file designation for the file to be uploaded.
Submission Screen 6 –
Review & Submit
Check and review entries
before completing submission
PDF file of submitted
manuscript can be
If you are sure, click
OK and you‘re done!
Submitting a revision
• If a revised manuscript is required, you will
receive an email which contains the suggested
• Delete any files that you do not wish to keep and
upload the new files as before.
We look forward to receiving
your manuscript soon!