Mobile APN Setup Guide
Setting up an ActiveSync device for a New User
Setup a new user
• Click on Users and choose “Add User”.
• Specify the username
• (Optional) Modify Network Access Policy to restrict user’s Internet Access while
connected to the VPN or their allowed Access Times.
• (Optional) Modify Authentication/Lockout Policy.
The user is now setup, choose “Continue” to proceed with setting up the Mobile APN device.
Choose the Setup Type
• Select “Mobile APN” and click on the “Setup Now” button.
• Set the user’s VPN password.
Enter the Device Details
• Select the country and operator.
• Select the device manufacturer and model.
• Enter the mobile number and an optional description. Click Continue.
• Select the credentials to be used. “Auto-generated” means the system will generate
a random device-specific username and password. “Normal” means the user’s VPN
username and password will be used.
Configure the device
• Click on the “Configuration Instructions” link to display a step-by-step guide of how
to configure your mobile device. If the device is currently in use these instructions
could be printed out and given to a user to follow at a later time.
Note: The mobile SIM will need to be provisioned for use with the service by your operator.