globalCOAL / SSY Version 8.5.2 Installation Guide
1. Download the globalCOAL Standard Coal System Software from the download centre section of
globalCOAL‟s web site www.globalcoal.com (See the following diagram) or from the following link:
2. Save the installation software somewhere on your local PC. See the following diagrams.
Click on “Run”
3. Click on “Run” again on this window.
4. In the Install window that comes up click Next
5. Read the License agreements for Trayport, globalCOAL and SSY. If they are acceptable to your
company, click the „I accept the terms in the license agreement‟ radio button. Click on Next to
proceed. See diagrams below.
6. Select the Destination folder for the new application. We strongly recommend you use the
default directory to prevent confusion.
7. Click Install to begin the installation process
8. Leave the „Launch globalCOAL and SSY Trading System‟ box checked and click Finish
In the GlobalVision pop up box, click OK to configure the connection to the Server, so the users /
traders don‟t have to do this when they first log on
The following screen will appear while the connection is being configured. When the configuration is
complete a confirmation box will pop up. If there are any problems contact globalCOAL on +44 (0)207 776
Note: Your IT department may need to configure your proxy server settings or firewall settings to
allow access to the scota.globalcoal.com & scotadr.globalcoal.com servers. Scotadr.globalcoal.com
is our backup disaster recovery server in the event the live server fails.
9. The Login Screen will appear after the configuration is completed. Log in with the User ID and
Password you have been provided. (Note: You will be prompted to change your password the first
time you log in).
10. The following icon will now appear on the users desktop to launch version 8.5.2 of the globalCOAL /
Information for API Configuration and Mapping
1. Click on the following link to open the spreadsheet, which contains the information required to carry
out any mapping for an API or Exchange Gateway set up1:
2. To map the bespoke Origin and Delivery Point settings on the globalCOAL ARA products you will
need to create Price Formats as described in the following document1:
http://www.globalcoal.com/downloads/ARA Origin and Delivery Point Mapping.doc
3. The following link will take you to the Trayport website, so you can upgrade the API to 8.5.2.
Any company that carries out mapping from the globalCOAL screen recognises that access to our data via this method is beyond globalCOAL’s control and
globalCOAL cannot be held responsible or liable for failure to deliver the Service as outlined in the Usage Agreement. All companies accessing our data via this
method should request and sign a copy of globalCOAL’s Exchange Account Side Letter.
In addition all companies should ensure that they familiarise themselves fully with the Trayport system functionality using the guides available from Trayport.
globalCOAL procedures for mapping are to provide additional assistance in mapping only and are not a substitute for the full system guides. globalCOAL are not
liable for any omissions or lack of understanding in how to carry out system configuration.
Please follow this procedure if you have this error message or if you want to disable the chat messages.
Click on “OK” and the trading screen will appear.
click on tools then account manager
Double click on the account:
Untick the box “connect to chat server”
And click on OK.