Documents
Resources
Learning Center
Upload
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out

Task and Finish and Working Groups

VIEWS: 10 PAGES: 2

Task and Finish and Working Groups

More Info
									                                                                                   Agenda Item 13
Devon and Cornwall Police Authority Chairs' Committee
3rd July 2008
Open for the purpose of FOI
Report of the Chief Executive


                           Task and Finish and Working Groups

Introduction / Summary
1. As a result of decisions taken by the Police Authority a number of Task and Finish and Working
    Groups need to be set up with specific terms of reference and where appropriate time lines. A
    number of areas have also been identified for further consideration by this Committee.

Background Information
2. Diversity and Equality Working Group
   The Terms of Reference of this Group have been agreed as attached. The Committee is asked to
   indicate whether any changes are required. Jill Owen has indicated that she no longer wishes to
   serve on this Group and the Chairman has agreed that Jeremy Rowe should take her place.

   All Members of the Authority are invited to attend Group meetings and there is no formal
   membership.

   The Group will report through the Human Resources Committee.

3. Domestic Abuse and Rape Detections Working Group
   The Chairman needs to agree the membership of this Group.

   Suggested Terms of Reference will be sent out prior to the meeting.

4. Protective Services Task and Finish Group
   It has been agreed that this Group should not start its work until September given the current
   pressures on the Force post the Exeter incident. Suggested Terms of Reference will be brought to
   the next meeting of this Committee.

   The Chairman will need to agree the membership.

5. Scientific Services (Forensics) Task and Finish Group
   Suggested Terms of Reference will be sent out prior to the meeting. The Chairman needs to agree
   membership.

6. ICT, Science and Technology Task and Finish Group
   It was agreed that this Group should be set up to consider how these major work areas are dealt
   with in the light of the review of Lead Members. Potentially only one meeting will be needed.

   Suggested Terms of Reference will be sent out prior to the meeting. The Chairman needs to agree
   membership, which should include Alison Malcolm and David Money given their current roles in
   these areas.
                                                                                    Agenda Item 13

7. Performance Data Analysis Working Group
   Suggested Terms of Reference will be sent out prior to the meeting. The Group will report to the
   Performance Management Committee.

    The Chairman will need to appoint members but it is recommended that all members should have
    completed modules of the APA training courses.

8. Neighbourhood Policing
   A suggested Terms of Reference for a Working Group will be submitted to the September meeting
   of the Committee.

9. Communications
   The Committee has been asked to determine how this vital area should now be taken forward and
   formulate proposals.

10. Property
    It is now intended that either a Lead member or Task and Finish Group will be set up to deal with
    specific property transactions or projects.

11. Training and Development
    The Committee has been asked to consider how Training and Development should be addressed
    by either a Task and Finish or Working Group.

12. Environmental Issues - Green
    The Committee has been asked to give further consideration to how to deal with this matter. A
    Lead Member reporting to the Performance Management Committee is one option.


    Contact for further information:

    Mr Graham Davey, Chief Executive
    Tel: 01392 268314

								
To top