Your Federal Quarterly Tax Payments are due April 15th Get Help Now >>

free grants for school by studentloans


									Free Grants For School

These school grants are federal funds given to schools and distributed to students at the school's discretion.

A number of schools and educational programs are allowed to spend federal student free grants for school. Large universities, small liberal arts
colleges, community colleges, career and technical schools, trade schools, and certificate programs, both degree and non-degree, are all qualified
recipients of federal student financial aid.

Every year, The U.S. Department gives more than $67 billion worth of free grants in the form of loans, grants and campus-based aid to be able to help
millions of students and their families pay for tertiary education.

The Federal Pell Grants are one of the free programs that a student can check into. Pell Grants do not require the grantees to pay it back. The basic
eligibility requirement is according to the financial need of the student. The maximum amount one can obtain in Pell Grants is set by congress yearly.
Costs needed to attend school, student's full or part-time status and the student's plan to pursue a full or part time academic year will determine the
amount of Pell Grants for school one can get. Pell Grants are released directly by the school to the students once in each semester, trimester or

Free grants for school could also come in the form of campus-based aid programs. The known affiliates under this program are Federal Supplemental
Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Federal Perkins Loan programs. Campus-based aid is controlled by the
financial aid office at each participating school. The federal funds are handed to the schools. The schools then distribute these free grants to the
students depending on their financial need, the amount they receive from other free grants for school and the total free grant funds available.

Free educational grants have some eligibility requirements before they can be released to the students. These requirements are:

* Must be a citizen or eligible non-citizen of the United States with a valid Social Security Number;

* Must have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate or pass an approved "ability to benefit" test by the U.S.
Department of Education;

* Must be enrolled in an eligible program as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate;

* Register (or have registered) for Selective Service for male students between the ages of 18-25;

* Have a result of Eligible or Partially Eligible on the Drug Conviction question.

Federal law stipulates that persons convicted for sale or possession of drugs are not eligible for federal student aid. But there are other free grant
options, so if you commit these offenses you can still register with a Free Application for Federal Student Aid to try for nonfederal aids.


About the Author
Millennium Services Group, run by R.T. Markovsky, hosts an informative web site with a wealth of free information about all aspects of Free Grants.
Check out to see more.

To top