Quiz on Epitaphs : Dt 27.5.2001
Qns by : G.Sreekanth
1. On whose tomb in Dublin is it stated that he is now ' where fierce
indignation can no longer
tear his heart ?
ans) JONATHAN SWIFT.
2. On whose tomb is it inscribed 'My Jesus Mercy' ?
ans) AL CAPONE.
3. STA SOL NE MOEARE (Stand, Sun, move not) . On whose tomb will you find
4. On whose tomb will you find the words 'A Gentle Man and a Gentleman '
ans) JACK DEMPSEY.
5. ____________ ______________ _____________ ________________ The
great artificer Made my mate. Words from the poem My Wife by
R.L.Stevenson. Fill up the blanks and also unravel on whose tomb
would you find these words inscribed.
ans) STEEL TRUE , BLADE STRAIGHT -- ARTHUR CONAN DOYLE.
6.'A friend to honesty and a foe to crime ' - on whose tomb would you
find these words ?
ans) ALLAN PINKERTON.
7. MEDAL OF HONOR DSC - SS & OLC LM - BSM & OLC - PH & 2 OLC . On whose
tomb would you find these words ?
ans) AUDIE MURPHY.
8. On whose tomb is it inscribed 'Good Night Sweet Prince and a flight of
angels sing to rest '?
ans) DOUGLAS FAIRBANKS Sr.
9. On whose tomb is it inscribed Fly Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore." ?
ans) EDGAR ALLAN POE.
10. ' Though I sang in my chains like the sea ' - he wrote it , and it's
on his memorial. Who ?
ans) DYLAN THOMAS.