Robert W. Isaac
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania 19422
Senior Information Management Executive
Accomplished business focused information management executive with extensive experience in
planning, developing, and implementing cost-effective technology solutions for companies ranging
from start-up operations to major corporations. Proven skills in change management, leadership,
and team development. Demonstrated ability to forge collaborative business relationships at all
levels in the organization. Qualifications include expertise in the following business areas:
Strategic IT Planning & Leadership Software Development
Business Process Re-engineering ERP Systems
Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence Retail
Supply Chain Optimization Manufacturing
David’s Bridal / Priscilla Of Boston 1996 – Present
VICE PRESIDENT BUSINESS PROCESS RE-ENGINEERING 1999 – Present
Directed corporate initiatives to streamline and improve business processes across the enterprise.
- Developed, directed and implemented a new merchandising program that led to over
$1.2 million in incremental sales
- Directed the implementation of a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
streamlining operations and positioning the company for increased scale of the business
- Led the transition of major apparel product line from domestic manufacturing to overseas
sourcing. This initiative improved product gross margins by over 20%.
- Led the integration and management of a new acquisition which included 10 retail stores
across the country and a domestic manufacturing operation.
- Directed the effort in the re-design of the corporate supply chain resulting in improved
customer service (99% on time delivery from 80%), reduction in inventory levels, and
- Initiated store process re-engineering effort that included development of a new store systems
POS framework to streamline operations and implement Customer Relationship Management
- Directed data warehouse development using Microstrategy for key performance indicator
VICE PRESIDENT MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS 1996-1999
Responsibility for all aspects of Information Systems in a chain of over 70 stores.
- Developed strategic information technology (IT) vision and execution plan based on business
strategies and objectives
- Starting from the ground floor developed the MIS function and implemented an integrated
retail package to automate all aspects of the business (finance, merchandising, store
systems, distribution etc.)
- Implemented a data warehouse system to assist in business analysis and data mining.
- Implemented Lotus Notes throughout the home office and stores for communications and
support of the strategic and growing special order business.
Charming Shoppes, Inc. 1990 - 1996
DIRECTOR MERCHANDISING AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS
Responsibility for all Merchandise and Product Development Systems for a $1.2 Billion 1400 store
retail chain. This includes the management and administration of all development. Initiated and
implemented Client/Server to the company. Researched and implemented new Client/Server 3
Tier strategy for development. Implemented Systems Development Methodology in the company.
- Directed the development and implementation of a Store Planning and Allocation
System. Resulted in over $700,000 savings annually.
- Directed the development and implementation of a Merchandise Assortment Planning
System utilizing a Client/Server 3 Tier Architecture.
- Directed the development and implementation of a Price Management System supporting
Deal Pricing for a chain of over 1400 stores.
- Directed the development and implementation of a Client/Server Merchandise Sales Analysis
Nynex Information Solutions Group 1988 - 1990
- Directed a financial administration project for a major financial services company. The
project involved full project life cycle development of a system to manage over $200 Million
- Managed a lease management development project for a government agency. The project
involved full life cycle development utilizing structured systems methodology.
- Responsible for the creation and management of proposal efforts for a wide range of clients
Herman's Sporting Goods, Inc. 1982 - 1988
MANAGER OF MERCHANDISING/DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS
- Directed the development and implementation of an on-line automated Shoe distribution
system. Resulted in over $250,000 in reduced inventory costs.
- Directed the development and implementation of an on-line merchandise distribution system
improving throughput by over 300%
- Managed the development and implementation of an on-line Warehouse receiving
system establishing perpetual inventory at the warehouse level.
- Introduced systems development and project management methodologies to the company
- Implemented the use of bar code technology for use throughout warehouse operations
Masters Of Business Administration
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Bachelor's Of Science, Economics