Report of management committee meeting by armedman1

VIEWS: 6 PAGES: 2

									      Report of management committee meeting

       Date: 13 June 2007.
       Time: 8pm
       Attending: Niall Kelly, Tim Daly, Liz Tuohy, Hilary O’Sullivan, Therese Lillis, Peter Foley, Richard Burke, Paul Reynolds,
       Ann O’Hanlon, and Danny Comerford.
       Apologies: Ray Cummins, David Quinn
       Minutes: Proposed by Tim Daly and seconded by Hilary O’Sullivan.
Item                            Details/Update                                                                            Done (Y/N)
Insurance                       Details of insurance from all persons renting our facilities- to be produced.             Y
                                Person responsible reported that all details on file
Membership cards/sticker        Issued to members. Display on racket. €400 sponsorship by John Callinan Solicitors        Y
Court booking rules – new New rules to be printed and put up within next week                                             Y
tennis committee to seek input
Front door of club                                                                                                        Y
Newsletter June 2007            Sent out – positive feedback from members                                                 Y
Parks Tennis                    Ongoing. Jason Comerford will act as coach                                                Y
Parking                         To write to town clerk re getting a Yield sign outside the apartment block and the finger Y
                                sign from across the road

                                 Decision that members must display their membership card on their dashboard
                                 when parking in the club.
Fence                            Quotes have been sought for fence – awaiting response                                        Y
Website booking system           Progress made – awaiting final date for going live
Planning for training in child   Agenda item
protection and review of child
protection     policies   and
procedures
Light in gents                   Fitting to be changed                                                                        Y
Acknowledging successes of       Hilary to get picture of Ciara Pender and Joanne Flanagan who have represented               Ongoing
members                          Ireland.
                                 Niall to get picture of Darryl and Rowan Eade. Pictures to be displayed in recognition
                                 of their achievements.
Door beside gents                This door to be activated and same key as front door to be used.
                                 Awaiting final keys from locksmith and lock barrel
Shed to be cleaned out           Agreed skip to be hired at cost of €170 and cleanup to go ahead                              Y
Sponsorship/fundraising          To examine and seek sponsorship re signs from shed when doing cleanup.
                                 Danny offered information relating to the signs.

Lights on courts                 To seek quote for lights on court 1                                                          Y
                                 Pat Cassidy in contact with Musco re lights – technical person has visited – awaiting
                                 quote
Heating, locker room, court      Quotes sought – awaiting response                                                            Y
surface - badminton
TV in bar area                   To investigate costs of tv in the bar area and channels                                      Y
                                 Decision to purchase tv and pay all associated costs
Fás                              New supervisor – Dymphna Power appointed
Child protection                 Agreement on the following items:
                                 Need to amend constitution
                                 Need to adopt revised Child Protection statement
                                 Need to continue to make members aware of codes of conduct
                                 Need secure filing cabinet
                                 Need dedicated noticeboard outside
                                 Persons involved with juniors to meet
                                 Need vetting procedure for persons working with juniors
                                 Child protection officers to revert on the above points
Bag packing                      Going ahead in Dunnes                                                                        Y
Inter-firm                       Idea of holding an inter-firm competition was raised
                                 Met with general agreement
Development                      Proposal to form a sub-committee on this matter. Development officer considering the
                                 proposal.
AOB                              Handrail on stairs to be fitted for €40                                                      Y
                                 To investigate court maintenance options – contact Pat Grace in Killaloe for advice          Y
                                 Result: No additional benefit from court maintenance programme as suggested.
                                 Suggestion that sand on courts 4+5 needs to be changed but this costly exercise and
                                 needs to be factored into overall development.
                                 Life members to get membership card and key - agreed
                                 Query re who can ask persons re their membership status. Clarified that is the right and
                                 responsibility of all committee members and club members.
                                 Gesture proposed for club personnel.
                                 Futures competition players available to the club if there is interest. Deferred to tennis
                                 committee

								
To top