This is an agreement entered into between a storage facility and a customer for the
storage of goods or products at the facility. This agreement defines the property being
stored, the storage period, the price, the payment terms, and the condition of the
property. This document contains numerous standard provisions that are commonly
included in these types of agreements, and may be customized to fit the specific needs
of the contracting parties. This agreement can be used by small businesses or other
entities that have a storage facility or by consumers looking to store their goods at a
THIS STORAGE CONTRACT (herein referred to as the “Agreement”) is made and entered into
this __________ day of __________, _____, by and between ____________________________,
located at _______________________ (hereinafter the “Storer”) and
_________________________ located at __________________________________________
In consideration of the respective covenants contained herein, the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. Property Being Stored: Depositor owns ________________ [DESCRIPTION OF
PROPERTY TO BE STORED] (hereinafter the “Property”) and requires a location to
temporarily store the Property
2. Storage Facility: Storer operates a facility located at __________________________
(hereinafter the “Facility”) which offers storage for the Property. Storer hereby agrees to store
the Property for the Depositor.
3. Storage Period: The storage of the Property shall commence on __________ day of
__________, _____ and continue until __________ day of __________, _____, unless Depositor
takes back the Property earlier. The minimum Storage Period is one (1) month.
4. Payments: Depositor shall pay __________ [AMOUNT IN WORDS] dollars ($_________
[AMOUNT IN NUMERALS]), as deposit amount and __________ [AMOUNT IN WORDS]
dollars ($_________ [AMOUNT IN NUMERALS]) as storage fee for the first month. Payments
are due on the first (1st) day of every month. Payments made after fifth (5th) of the month are
subject to a late payment charge of __________ [AMOUNT IN WORDS] dollars ($_________
[AMOUNT IN NUMERALS]).
5. Price Increase: The monthly rental rate is subject to increase by giving the Depositor
__________ [AMOUNT IN WORDS] (___ [AMOUNT IN NUMERALS]) days advance written
notice of any such increase.
6. Additional Fees. If Depositor does not take back the Property by the end of the storage
period, Storer shall continue to store the Property until Depositor does take back the property or
Storer terminates the contract, whichever occurs first. The fee for storage beyond the stated
storage period will be __________ [AMOUNT IN WORDS] dollars ($_________ [AMOUNT
IN NUMERALS]) per [choose one: month/day/week]..
7. Refunds: The unused portion of storage fees paid by Depositor is not refundable, unless
Storer terminates the storage contract.
8. Termination of Storage:
(i) The Storer reserves the right to terminate storage of the goods at any time by giving the
depositor thirty (30) days written notice of its intention to do so and unless the depositor removes
such goods within that period the Storer is hereby empowered to have the same removed at the
cost and expense of the depositor. And upon so doing the Storer shall be relieved of any liability
with respect to such goods therefore or thereafter incurred.
(ii) If Depositor does not pay any unpaid balance of storage fees, the Storer, after giving the
Depositor an advance thirty (30) days written notice, treat the Property as abandoned. Storer will
sell the Property in a commercially reasonable manner and apply the proceeds to the costs of sale
and any unpaid storage fees. Storer will mail the balance of the proceeds to Depositor
9. Ownership of the Property: The Depositor represents and warrants that he is the legal owner
and is in lawful possession of the property and has the legal right and authority to contract for
services for all of the Property. Depositor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless, to the fullest
extent allowed by law, the Storer from and against any and all claims relating to breach of the
10. Condition of Property. The parties agree that the Property is in good condition except for
the following: _______________________________________________.
11. Reasonable Care. Storer will use reasonable care to protect the Property. Depositor will
bear the expense of any damage to or loss of the Property not caused by Storer's actions or
12. Insurance: Storer does not maintain any Insurance coverage for the Property and it is the
responsibility of the Depositor to obtain the same.
13. Indemnification: Depositor shall not cause any damage to the Facility and shall indemnify
and hold harmless, to the fullest extent allowed by law, Storer harmless from any claim or cause
of action arising out of Depositor’s use, misuse, or abuse of the Premises.
14. Liability: Storer assumes no liability for any losses or damages caused to the said Property
by fire, theft, water, rain, storms, explosion, rodents, riot, or any other causes whatsoever. Storer
is also not responsible for any fragile articles injured or broken
15. Warranty Discla