Job Title : Sales and Marketing Executive
Department : RSA House
Reports to : Sales & Marketing Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB
• To sell conference and banqueting facilities to both internal and external clients
• To complete all administrative tasks relating to these bookings
• To assist in maximising the potential of existing business and to explore new areas of
• To assist the Sales and Marketing Manager or Private Events Manager in generation of
ideas and acting upon any marketing activity
• Represent RSA House at internal and external promotional events and industry meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Proven experience ideally in a venue events environment
• Previous experience of event sales
• Smart, efficient and client focused personality
• Knowledge of, or interest in, food and beverage
• Previous experience organising weddings and private parties
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet time deadlines
• Ability to prioritise workload to achieve agreed targets
• Previous event operational experience would be desirable
• A flexible approach to work with an ability to switch between tasks when required
• Knowledge of London events market
• Ability to produce letters and other documents to pre-agreed formats and standards.
• Ability to produce documents or spreadsheets in Word and Excel
• Ability to communicate via Outlook
• Accurate spelling and correct use of grammatical English
• Confident communicator with clear spoken English
NATURE & SCOPE
This position plays an important role within the department. It involves developing
relationships with new and potentially demanding clients, liaising with contacts prior to their
events, gathering together information regarding their requirements, advising them on how
their event might best be run within the premises, up-selling the various services offered by
the RSA or its accredited suppliers and communicating their requirements to the operational
• To act as a point of contact with external clients wishing to use the house facilities for
• To assist in maintaining the database of clients and events by ensuring all details are
entered into the diary system promptly and accurately
• To deal with clients’ enquiries on the telephone, referring to the Sales and Marketing
Manager for assistance as necessary
• To produce written quotations in accordance with the sales procedures
• To arrange and carry out show rounds of the facilities with potential and existing clients
• To contact clients during the week prior to their event in order to gain all the necessary
information required to produce weekly function sheets for distribution to the operational
• To provide an on-going support for clients to ensure maximisation of repeat business and
• To complete “To Do List” generated from CABS daily
• To respond to all email enquiries
• To update and print client contracts on a daily basis
• To fax/email your clients final details each week, ensuring they are sent in good time for
changes to be made
• To undertake operational shifts as the needs of the business require (training will be
• To have an excellent working knowledge of all aspects of the RSA House product and
• To support colleagues in any aspect of the RSA House business when required.
RSA’s Environmental and Ethical Trading policies
To actively participate in and contribute to the RSA’s Environmental and Ethical Trading
Drinking on duty is forbidden without the express permission of your Manager. No account
(e.g. couriers/taxis/telephones/faxes/photocopiers etc) should be used on a personal basis
without prior permission.
Hours of work:
This position is contracted at 35 hours over seven days. A 1 hour unpaid break is given.
However, hours vary according to business levels. There can be no set pattern to the weekly
schedule of shifts as this varies with events in the building.
Consideration will be made for any requests for specific time off. All holiday requests should
be made to the Sales and Marketing Manager before booking and confirming a holiday. It
may not always be possible to automatically grant leave on dates that are requested.
The post holder must at all times carry out their duties with due regard to the Society’s Equal
Will be provided after 11.30pm.
Health & Safety:
All operational staff have specific Health and Safety duties, breaches of health and safety by
clients must be reported to the Duty Manager. Staff are also trained to assist in evacuating
the building in the event of fire or bomb scare.
This job description is not exhaustive and is liable to review following discussion with the job-
holder. The job-holder will be expected to undertake any reasonable duties as requested by
his/her manager commensurate with the job grade.
Personal appearance for front of house staff is critical to the customer experience and all
staff are expected to wear full, clean uniform at all times.
The attention of the job holder is drawn to the following:
1. All employees have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act to ensure that
their working environment is kept free of hazards that may prove injurious to themselves,
their colleagues and all those engaged in Society business as well as any visitors to the
2. All employees have a duty to comply with the Society’s Equal Opportunities Policy in
their contacts with other staff, Fellows and visitors.
All employees have a responsibility to ensure that their use of the RSA’s computer systems
does not jeopardise the security, integrity or legality of that system. Users must:
• maintain password confidentiality and not provide access to the system to those not
employed by the RSA or in any other way unauthorised;
• not load any software onto the system themselves nor permit anyone other than a
member of the RSA’s IT department to load software onto the system;
• not use any unlicensed software and report any suspected breaches of software
licensing to the RSA’s IT Manager (the Chief Operating Officer) or another member of
the Executive Team;
• take the same care with e-mails as with any other written communication from or on
behalf of the RSA; and
• restrict their usage of the Internet to that allowed by the RSA.
Signed by Job Holder ............................................. Date..........................................
Signed by Manager .................................................. Date .........................................