OFFICE OF THE STAFF ADVISOR (STUDENTS MESS)
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY SRINAGAR.
Sealed tenders duly affixed with Rs.5/- revenue stamps are invited from Registered
contractors of Kashmir Valley/Jammu, who are having sales tax Registration certificate/
Registered with State Labour Department/ Running canteen License from Municipality
Council Srinagar/Jammu, on printed stationary with proper seal and signature for running
the three Students Messes w..e.f. 01.03.2009 to December,2009.
Tenders accompanied with CDR for an amount shown in the tender documents against
each Mess pledged to the Staff Advisor (Mess) N.I.T. Srinagar, showing Mess Charges
per student per month inclusive of service charges, taxes etc should reach to the office of
the undersigned by or before 31.01.2009(Saturday) up to 2.00P.M.and tender will be
opened on the same day at 2.30P.M.in the office of the Staff Advisor (Mess) by the
purchase committee. The Institution reserves the right to accept or reject any or all
tenders in full or in part without assigning any reason thereof.
Tender documents can be obtained from the office of the undersigned against a bank
receipt of mess saving account No. 1006/SB at J&K Bank N.I.T/REC. Srinagar for non-
refundable amount of Rs.500/- on all working days between 10.30 A.M. to 4.00P.M.
from 19.01.2009 to 29.01 2009 and detailed information is also available at Institute web
Contact Nos. M(9858705067/ 9205048534/
(Dr. A.H. Bhat)
Staff Advisor (Mess)
No: NIT/Mess/09/ DT: 16.01.2009
OFFICE OF THE STUDENTS MESS NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF
Total No. of Pages- 07
Cost Rs. 500/-only.
Bank Receipt No:__________
Issued to M/S;
Terms and Conditions:
1. Amount of CDR for Indus Mess = Rs. 1,00,000/- for more than 300 Students.
Amount of CDR for Chinab Mess = Rs. 90,000/- for 250 Students
Amount of CDR for Girls Mess = Rs. 30,000/- for about 100 Students.
1. The period of contract will be w.e.f. 01.03.2009 to 31.12.2009 or end of academic
2. Tenders not accompanied with the required amount of fresh CDR will not be
3. Tenders not written on printed stationary of the firm, and not duly signed with
stamp will not be entertained.
4. The tenders of the suppliers already blacklisted will not be entertained.
5. Incomplete and conditional tenders will not be entertained.
6. Tenders must reach to the mess office by Registered post or personally by hand
(sealed). No tenders will be entertained beyond the expiry of the due date and
time i.e. by or before 31.01.2009 up to 2.00 P.M.
7. Tenders will be opened on 31.01.2009 at 2.30 P.M. in the office of the Staff
Advisor, Students Mess by the Purchase Committee.
8. If 31.01.2009 happens to be a non-working day, the tenders will be received and
opened on the next working day at the same time.
9. Tenders not accompanied with the valid Municipal Corporation Council
certificate, sales tax certificate and VAT clearance certificate of the firm will not
10. Tenders of firm registered in the name of the employee of the State or Central
Government or Autonomous Bodies will not be entertained.
11. Tender documents are non-transferable.
12. All quoted rates shall be written legible both in the figures as well as in words
without cutting and over-writings according to menu of different messes.
13. Tenderers shall quote their rates only per Student per month inclusive of Service
14. No escalation in the quoted rates will be allowed in any case under any
15. The rates quoted shall be inclusive of all taxes, Service Charges etc.
16. “Tenders for the Mess --------must be legibly written on the top of the sealed
envelop containing tenders.
17. CDR of the successful contractor will be released only after the successful
completion of the contract.
18. Before a formal contract order is placed with the successful contractor, he/she has
to submit an undertaking duly sworn before a First Class Judicial Magistrate for
the fulfillment of the contract under the terms and conditions stipulated in the
19. The Staff Advisor Mess reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the tenders
in full or in parts without assigning any reason thereof if they deem so necessary
20. The Successful Contractor (hereafter called contractor) has to prepare food in the
allotted mess kitchen and he has to provide services at the table in the dinning
21. The successful Contractor (hereafter called contractor) has to bring alive male
sheep to the mess stores and after inspection by the Mess Committee members
and Mess officers on spot, slaughtering, weighing of the dressed meat without
liver, stomach will be accepted.
22. The successful contractor (hereafter called contractor) has to bring alive chicken
broiler of weight from 1.5kgs to 1.7kgs. to the mess stores and after inspection by
the mess committee members on spot slaughtering is to be done.
23. The successful contractor (hereafter called Contractor) has to bring standard type
brand commodities for preparation/service as per our Annexure-I and the
inspection for the same will be done from time to time by the officers nominated
by the Director, in case other than specified mentioned brand are brought in the
mess, the action will be initiated on the recommendation of the Committee.
24. The Utensils for services and preparation will be arranged directly by the
Contractor, however existing utensils in the mess will be provided to the
contractor subject to giving mutually agreed concession in the monthly bill to the
Students. More-over gas baties and some available equipment will be provided
by the Institute Management against proper receipt and in case any
services/repairs or AMC(Annual/monthly Maintaince contract) required for
equipments will be arranged directly by the contractor.
25. The Water, Electricity and sufficient available space in each unit will be provided
by the Institute against reasonable charges on monthly basis to be agreed upon by
the parties which will be deducted from their monthly payment.
26. The successful contractor has to produce list of the students who have availed
messing facilities during the month along with the bill of every month duly
verified by the Mess Secretary and Mess Officers as nominated by the Institute
for payments in the mess office before 10th of every month.
27. The Students who avail ‘leave’ during the session will be entitled for rebate of
Rs. 25/- per day. The rebate in a month will be minimum for 3 days and
maximum 20 days.
28. The Successful Contractor has to provide meals strictly as per menu shown in the
annexure-II, In case due to hartal or non-availability of some items of the menu
on the date the same will be provided on the next day in addition to the normal
menu items. Seasonal vegetable be provided as per the availability in the market
and more-over if there will be any compliant regarding the quality of food, the
charges of the same meal will be deducted from the final bill of the contractor.
29. The Empty LPG Cylinders will be provided by the Institute against security
deposit of Rs.1000/- per cylinders.
30. Any clarification with regard to quantity, quality, brand or any other thing with
regard to contract can be obtained from the Mess Office.
31. In the event of sub standard quality of food/services, the contractor will be
wholly and solely responsible for any financial or material loss or damage which
may result due to the occurrence of such problems. The penalty will be imposed
that the Staff Advisor Mess may deem necessary or proper.
32. In the event of supply of a sub-standard quality of food preparation/ service by
the contractor, not conforming with the quantity/quality/size/make/brand etc.
mentioned in the contract order list, the contractor will be held responsible and
penalty will be imposed that the Staff Advisor Mess may deem necessary and
33. The Successful Contractor has to arrange supply directly.
34. The successful contract has to arrange AMC (Annual Maintaince Contract) with
the concerned agency directly of water purifiers in the mess, which are already
installed in the messes by the Institute.
35. The successful contractor has to extend same facilities to the new batch of 2009
at the approved rates from the month of July 2009 for more than 330 students, if
the same is desired by the Institute.
36. A Committee of officers which will be nominated by the Director, NIT Srinagar
will have full powers to conduct examination of kitchen and other edible
materials to ensure proper hygienic conditions, quality of food and verifying that
edible, vegetables and non-vegetable items used are fresh and in good condition.
Their findings will be binding on the service provider.
37. If the successful contractor fails to fulfill or abide by any of the term and
conditions laid down herein or stipulated in the supply order, his/her CDR will be
confiscated with the Students Mess besides imposing any other penalty that the
purchase committee may deem necessary and proper under law.
38. All disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of Courts of Srinagar only.
Staff Advisor (Mess)
S.No. Name of the Commodity Brand/ Quantity Remarks.
01 Rice Basmati Sharbati ( A Grade ) Golden coin/
20kgs pack Comodo/AA
02 Rice Kashmirie
03 Wheat flour( Raugh Atta) Khyber/Amer/Apple
04 Wheat flour ( superfine) Kyber/Amer/Apple
05 Wheat flour (Maida ) Khyber/Amer/Apple
06 Vegetable Ghee Dalda 1 ltr. pack
07 Mustord oil Peer 15kgs tin.
08 Refind Oil Dhara .
09 Milk Powder Verka/sifty
10. Sugar Indian
11. Butter Amul
12. Biscuts Krackjack/Sun feast
13. Desi Ghee Khyber/sifty
14. Tea Leaves Red Label/Taj/Tata
15. Jam Bhutan/Kissan/Tops .
16. Salt Tata/Annapurna
17. Salt tea Kanda gori
18. Mushroom Button 850 gm per tin Golden crown
19 Tomato Sauce (Kissan)
20 Sodium Bicarbonate Horse brand/kg.
21 Nutry nugget Nestle 200grms pack
22 Basin Rajdhani per kg.
23 Tomato puri 800/850grms tin pack
24 Coffie Nestle 100grms pack
25 Castord Nestle 500grms pack
26 Sevayann Nestle per dozen
27 Chilly powder Kanwal Anantnag brand
28 Termeric powder ---------do-------
29 Caraway (Zeera) Kashmirie per kg.
30 Pickle Mixed/Mango Delhi made
31 Meat Masala BMC/Rehmat 50grms
32 Chick pea Masala ---------do------
33 Chicken Masala ---------do------
34 Rajmash Masala ---------do------
35 Samber Powder ---------do------
36 Kasturi Methi ---------do------
37 Suji Rajdhani per kg.
38 Pine apple sliced 850grms per tin pack Golden crown
39 Potassium per magnate 400grms pack
40 Washing powder Wheel
41 Rajmash Gram Kashmirie Per kg
42 Mutton Male sheep with out
liver, heart &
43 Chicken Broiler( 1.5 to1.7
kg) with out Liver
44 Cheese Kashmirie per kg.
45. Bread Loaf (700 grms) Montana/J.N.Sons/Mougal
Staff Advisor (Mess)
MENU OF GIRLS MESS FOR OUTSOURCING (CONTRACTOR) FOR 2008-09.
Day Breakfast Lunch Dinner
Monday Veg.paties(2) with Bindi Tomoto/Palak+ Veg:- Paneer Burji +
sauce+tea Dal Channa(W) +Rice Dal Rajmash+Rice
Basmati Basmati +Roti(2) +
(sharbati)+Salad Pine apple(1pc).
(1/8th) +Rice Basmati
+ Pine apple(1)
Tuesday Samosa(2) with sauce+ Loki + Dal Mash(S) + Nadroo Dal/Palak +
Tea Curd+ Rice Basmati Rice Basmati
+Chapati (2)+ Dal
Mong(s) + Ice Cream
Wednesday Kashmirie Roti (2) Aloo Tomoto+ Mixed Veg:- Shahi Paneer +
+Butter/Jam +Tea Dal +Curd + Mango Rajmash Dal + Roti
pickle. (2) + Halwa
(1/8th ) + Rice
Basmati + Halwa.
Thursday Aloo Parantha (2) + Bangan tomato/Mixed Palak Panner + Rice
Mango pickle+ Tea veg.+ Dal Channa(w) + Basmati + Roti (2) +
Rice Basmati+ Salad + Kheer.
Friday Bread toast(4 pcs) with Phoolgobi (fried)+ Dal Dham Aloo + Mixed
Butter/Jam + Fresh Rajmash+ Curd+ Pickle Dal + Chapati (2)+
Milk (01 glass) + Rice Basmati Rice Basmati +
Rasgola (1) of 50
Saturday Kashmirie Roti (2) + Khichdi (Basmati) + Paneer Tomoto+ Dal
Omlate/Butter/Jam+ Curd + Pickle Mango Channa(w)+ Rice
Tea Basmati Rice + Roti
(2) + Rasmalie (01)
Sunday Aloo Parantha(2) + Veg. Buryani +Dal N-Veg:- Egg Curry(1)
Pickle + Tea Rajmash Salad +Dal Rajmash+ Rice
(carrot,lemon,onion, Basmati + Lassi (1
Radish) + Pickle pack)
Veg: Mushroom +
Dal Rajmash+ Rice
Basmati + Lassi (1pk)
Note: Seasonal Vegetable will be provided subject to the availability in the market.
MENU OF INDUS AND CHINAB MESSES FOR OUTSOURCING
(CONTRACTORS) FOR THE CONTRACT 2008-09.
DAY BREAKFAST LUNCH DINNER
Monday Veg.paties(2) with Aloo Palak + Aarhar Dal Non-veg:- Chicken
sauce + Tea (fried)+ Rice Basmati (1/4th) + Basmati
(Sharabti) + Salad Rice+Kheer
(Lemon,carrot,radish)+ Veg:- Zeera Rice +Aloo
Tuesday Chola puri Mixed veg.(gobi,carrot, Cholamasala (fried)
(3)/Biscuts (CJ)+ mutter,shimla mirch) + with cheese (un-fried) +
Tea Channa Dal (w) + Salad Rice Basmati + Dal
+ Basmati Rice+ Curd. Mong (s) + Roti (2)
Wednesday Plain parantha (2) Green Mutter with Aloo Non-Veg:Chicken(1/4th)
Zeera Aloo + Tea + Mixed Dal +Salad+ +Rice Basmati+
Veg:- Palak Paneer +
Zeera Rice + Rajmash
Dal+ Roti (2) +
Thursday Bread Pokoda (3 Vegitable Buryani + Zeera Rice + Channa
bread Slice)+ Tea Rajmash Dal + Salad Dal +Aloo Palak+
Kheer + Roti (2)
Friday Roti (2) & Nutri + Loki+ Dal Arhar (fried) Non Veg:- Mutton (100
Tea +Rice Basmati + Salad + grms pc un cooked) +
Curd. Rice Basmati
Veg:- Aloo gobi (fried)
+ Aloo Parantha (1) +
Rajmash dal +Rice
Basmati + gulab
Saturday Bread Omlate (4 Shimla Mirch with Mixed Veg. + Mixed
slice)/ Bread toast tomato + Rice Basmati + Dal + Zeera Rice + Roti
with butter/Jam + Cholla (fried) + Salad+ (2).
Sunday Aloo Parantha (2) + Veg. Buryani + dal Aloo gravy with tomoto
Pickle + Tea Rajmash+ Salad + Egg fried(1)/Butter +
Rice Basmati + banana
or Orange or apple (1).
Note: Seasonal vegetables will be provided subject to the availability in the market.