Thursday April 23, 2009 Agenda Town Board 1
Agenda: Town of Harrietstown
DATE: APRIL 23, 2009
WORKSESSION ON NEW ADDITION TO CURRENT FBO/ARFF BUILDING
REGULAR MEETING 7:00 P.M.
ROLL CALL/ PLEDGE
APPROVAL OF MINUTES of the regular meeting of the April 9 th, 2009 meeting.
AUTHORIZATION TO PAY ABSTRACTS: WARRANT # 12 of 2009
Warrant # 12 of 2009
GENERAL FUND $18,033.35
AIRPORT FUND $5,215.73
GENERAL OUTSIDE $481.07
HIGHWAY OUTSIDE $3,479.39
1. BLANCHARD’S AUCTION SERVICE Approval of contract with Blanchard’s
Auction Service to dispose of town surplus equipment on May 16, 2009. authorize
supervisor to sign after town attorney review.
2. COUNTY PLANNING OFFICE Discussion on Franklin County’s proposal for
formation of a County Planning Office; Board input. Supervisor to respond to
County survey and respond if Town of Harrietstown is interested.
3. Corey’s Adopt A Road Clean Up Discussion and approval for the Coreys
Association to perform a Clean Up of the Coreys Road. Town Supervisor looking
into an “Adopt a Highway” policy similiar to NYS DOT policy for volunteer road
trash clean up.
Thursday April 23, 2009 Agenda Town Board 2
Highway Superintendent’s work report.
1. Discussion and approval for airport manager to become a volunteer fireman.
(Saranac Lake Volunteer Fire Department)
2. Approval to have Stantec Engineering, Design and go to bid for three separate
projects pertaining to General Aviation Terminal:
a. Design and Engineer Sewer system
b. Design and engineer well system
c. Design and engineer electric service for General Aviation Terminal
Prepare projects for APA and Town code requirements. Project paid for through General
Aviation Terminal, NYS Dot $400,000.00 grant.
3. Approval of memorandum of agreement on a contract between FAA and the Town
of Harrietstown for land lease for FAA Navigations Aids Facilities on airport
property. Authorize Supervisor to sign (no exchange of monies).
4. Approval for supervisor to sign and have Stantec Engineering complete final
drawings for new addition to existing SRE/ARFF building. Project will become part
of airport 5 year airport Capital Improvement Plan for FAA funding, hopefully to be
built in 2010.
5. Authorize airport employees to enroll in National Air Transportation association
Safety First training program. This is in House on line self pace individual, training
program @ a cost of $254.15 per employee plus an annual $150.00 subscription
cost. Total cost will be $2,691.50
6. Authorize Assistant Airport Manager to attend National Air Transportation
Association Safety First Trainer program which authorizes him to administer NATA
program to employees. Training to be held in Tampa Florida; meals lodging, air fare,
car rental and program @ a cost of $1,609.00 fuel and tolls.
7. Authorize account clerk to attend Microsoft access training program in Albany, N.Y.
@ New Horizons computer learning center @ a cost of $801.94 and mileage.
8. Discussion and approval for Northwoods Engineering to administer recently received
energy grant of $13,500.00 fro airport @ a cost of $_____________.
Vehicle and equipment status report.
Thursday April 23, 2009 Agenda Town Board 3
Request for mechanic to go to Snow Symposium in Buffalo, New York on April 27, 2009
@ a cost of $785.00 not including meals and mileage.
1. Status Report Buildings and grounds status report from building maintenance
2. Room Rental Discussion on rental space and contract prepared by N.Y.S.
Department of Labor for 16’ X 13’ office space available on 3 rd floor of the town hall.
The Labor department wishes to rent in June of 2009. Letter from Town Attorney dated
April 15, 2009 requesting additional information.
1. Tentative Assessment Roll file was submitted to Franklin County on April 9, 2009 .
Changes to roll can be made until May 1, 2009.
2. Assessment Level Harrietstown’s assessment level remains at 86%
3. BAR Board of Assessment Review is meeting on April 23, 2009 to organize fro
Grievance Day May 26, 2009.
4. Article 7 Knollwood Resolution # 15 of 2009 Approval of settlement between
Knollwood and the Town of Harrietstown by resolution: stipulation agreed to by
Town Assessor, Hacker Murphy,LLP, town attorney and Ronald Briggs, LLP
representing Knollwood Club. Assessment for 2006, 2007 and 2008 was
Assessment for 2006 shall be $7,750,000.00
Assessment for 2007 shall be $6,820,000.00
Assessment for 2008 shall be $6,665,000.00
Assessment for 2009 shall be $6,665,000.00
5. Board of Assessment Review Vacancy Discussion and possible approval to fill
vacant BAR position.
3 Applications have been received:
William Madden II
1. Status Report Code Officer
2. Fees Total fees collected as of April 17, 2009 for Building, Planning and Zoning
Thursday April 23, 2009 Agenda Town Board 4
RFP’s for Preliminary Engineers Report on Recommended Standards for Lake St.
COMMENTS FROM BOARD MEMBERS;