Business Proposal Template
(Max 5 Pages)
This is a template for your business proposal.
We expect you to submit a document in your own style, reflecting the values of the
idea, using images, research and any thing else that support your application.
We do not expect that you will be able to answer all the questions – but you
will need to demonstrate that you have thought through the different
dimensions of your business idea and how you can make it a success.
The overall evaluation of your proposal will address whether your application
demonstrates a unique business idea that is clearly articulated and understood as a
commercial product/service with a clear route to market.
Introduction 1 Page
A short background to your project and where your ideas have been generated. Also
a summary of the key points from your business plan capturing the main arguments
behind your application.
Product and Services
Selection criteria: Clearly designed product and services with characteristics that are
demonstrated to be unique and/or offer a clear value to potential customers.
Analysis of Your Market 1 Page
Selection criteria: A clearly defined/quantified high value market with few competitors
– a clear understanding of target clients and how to reach them.
• Description of market (location/size and value quantified where possible)
• Description of how you will reach your potential customers in terms of marketing,
promotion and delivery of your product or service.
Business Development Strategy 1 Page
Selection criteria: A clearly articulated business development strategy that provides
the overall framework for your POC project and that will deliver success for your
• What are the strengths/opportunities of your business.
• What are the external opportunites and risks that exist for your product/service.
• What are your strategic themes and priorities for future business development:
⇒ Your strengths can support the opportunities?
⇒ Your strengths can respond to your threats?
⇒ Your weaknesses might affect your ability to respond to opportunities?
⇒ What might happen when you put your weaknesses and threats together?
Management team 1 Page
1. The individual/ team need to demonstrate a clear commitment to the success of
the project both in terms of the time and resources that will be necessary to ensure
the success of the POC project and business.
2. The individual/team will also need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate
skills (or access to skills), which are necessary to successfully run the proposed
• Profile of team.
• Roles and responsibities.
• Demonstration of time and financial commitment to the project.
• Who will be lead contact.
Project Specification 1 Page
Selection criteria: The proposal will need to clearly need to articulate the project for
which funding is sought in terms of its objective(s) and how this will be achieved.
• Clearly articulated project objective
• Clearly mapped activities and outputs that are necessary to achieve the
• Clearly defined work programme and milestones to get the job done.
Project Budget and Finances 1 Page
Selection criteria: The application will need to have a detailed budget prepared for
the POC project and related cash flow in relation to the delivery of the project
In addition, this section should also indicate the pricing strategy for the product and
services and how this has been worked out.
• Budget which provides a breakdown of how POCF funding will be spent to
achieve the projects goals.
• How will you cost and price your product and service be worked out.
• Cash flow forecast.