Formed from Bexar County; created January 26, 1856; organized March 22, 1856.
Named in honor of James Kerr, 1790-1850; the first American settler on the Guadalupe
River; general manager of DeWitt's Colony; signer of the Texas Declaration of
Independence; member of the Third Texas Congress. County Seat, Kerrsville
(afterwards Kerrville), 1856-1860; Comfort, 1860-1862, Kerrville since. (1936)
Location: south entrance of Kerr Courthouse Square at TX 16 & 27, Kerrville
GPS Coordinates: 30º02.831N & 99º08.387W
UTM Easting: 486501 / UTM Northing: 3324067