Documents
Resources
Learning Center
Upload
Plans & pricing Sign in
Sign Out

Brown Cemetery - marker fact sheet

VIEWS: 2 PAGES: 1

  • pg 1
									                                 BROWN CEMETERY




During the late 1840s, Joshua D. Brown (1816-1876) traveled from Gonzales and
established a cypress shingle mill on the site of what is now Kerrville. This cemetery
dates from 1872, when Brown's nephew, Thomas Goss was buried here. The graves of
Brown and his wife, Sarah Jane (Goss), and Sarah's parents, the Rev. John and Mary
Goss, are also located here. In 1923, use of part of the Brown Cemetery was granted to
the Woman's Auxiliary of a local American Legion post for a veterans' burial ground that
came to be called Kerrville National Cemetery. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986


Location: Next to Kerrville National Cemetery east of VA Hospital, Kerrville

Driving Directions: from Kerrville, .3 miles E on TX 27 to Spur 100, L .3 mi

GPS Coordinates: 30º00.808N & 99º06.610W

UTM Easting: 489400 / UTM Northing: 3320254

								
To top