Commissioners’ Court –April 1, 2003
NOTICE OF A MEETING OF THE
COMMISSIONERS' COURT OF HAYS COUNTY, TEXAS
This Notice is posted pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act. (VERNONS TEXAS CODES ANN. GOV. CODE CH.551). The Hays
County Commissioners' Court will hold a meeting at 9:00 A.M. on the 1st of April, 2003, in the Hays County Courthouse, San Marcos,
Texas. An Open Meeting will be held concerning the following subjects:
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE - Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag & Pledge of Allegiance to the Texas Flag
PRESENTATIONS & PROCLAMATIONS
1. Presentation of retirement plaque to Sergeant Garland Harwell. [Powers/Montague]
2. Presentation by Jobaid Kabir, Ph.D. with regard to water availability. [Carter]
At this time 3-MINUTE comments will be taken from the audience on Non-Agenda related topics. To address the Court, please submit a
Public Participation/ Witness Form to the County Clerk. Please Complete the Public Participation/ Witness Form in its Entirety.
NO ACTION MAY BE TAKEN BY THE COURT DURING PUBLIC COMMENTS.
The following may be acted upon in one motion. A Commissioner, the County Judge, or a Citizen
May request items be pulled for separate discussion and/or action
3. Approve the Commissioners’ Court Minutes of March 25, 2003. [Powers/Carlisle]
4. Approve Payment of County Invoices. [Powers/ Herzog]
5. Approve Budget Amendment 03-16. [Herzog]
6. Pct 2. 02-2-088. Big Sky Ranch, 1541 lots. Consider approval of preliminary plat and phased development
7. Pct 3. 02-3-094. River Oaks of Wimberley, Unit 5, Tract 23, 2 lots. Consider approval of FINAL plat.
8. Pct 4. 03-4-022. Hidden Creek, Phase 1, Lots 13A, 15A & 16A, 3 lots, replat. Consider approval of FINAL plat
and waive public notification. [Molenaar/Walther]
9. Pct 4. 03-4-027. Triple Creek Ranch, Lot 13B, 1 lot. Consider approval of a revision to the drainage easement.
10. Hold a public hearing with possible action to establish traffic regulations in Hillcroft subdivision in the Wimberley
area. (Pct 3). [Burnett/Borcherding]
11. Discussion and possible action to approve a resolution in support of the President of the United States and our
Armed Forces serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom. [Powers]
12. Discussion and possible action to assign the Director, Human Resource as the Privacy Officer as required by the
Health Insurance Portablity and Accountablity Act. [Powers/Gonzales]
13. Discussion and possible action to revise the county fee schedule for subdivision revision public notice.
14. Discussion with possible action regarding improvements to Hays County Subdivision Rules, Wastewater Rules
and supportive documents that can be made to protect the citizens and environment of Hays County. [Carter]
15. Staff Report from the Hays County Civic Center. [Powers/Trimble]
The Commissioners’ Court will announce it will go into Executive Session, if necessary, pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas
Government Code, to receive advice from Legal Counsel to discuss matters of land acquisition, litigation, and personnel matters as
specifically listed on this agenda. The Commissioners’ Court may also announce it will go into Executive Session, if necessary,
to receive advice from Legal Counsel regarding any other item on this agenda.
16. Executive session pursuant to Section 551.071 and 551.072, Texas Government Code, to meet with legal
counsel regarding Hays County v. James and Mary Lindstrom, Cause No. 6832-C, Hays County Court at Law
(condemnation lawsuit the State Highway 45 project). Action may follow in open court. [Powers]
Posted at 1:00 o'clock P.M. on the 28th day of March, 2003
COMMISSIONERS’ COURT, HAYS COUNTY, TEXAS
CLERK OF THE COURT
Hays County encourages compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in the conduct of all public meetings. To that end,
persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and who may need auxiliary aids such as an interpreter for a person who is
hearing impaired are requested to contact the Hays County Judge’s Office at (512) 393-2205 as soon as the meeting is posted (72 hours
before the meeting) or as soon as practical so that appropriate arrangements can be made. While it would be helpful to receive as much
advance notice as possible, Hays County will make every reasonable effort to accommodate any valid request regardless of when it is
received. Braille is not available.