COUNTY OF SMITH
200 E. Ferguson, Suite 100
Tyler, Texas 75702
Phone (903) 590-4600 Fax: (903) 590-4615
Pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas government code, this notice is to advise that a regular meeting
of the Smith County Commissioners Court will be held at 9:00 a.m. on Monday,
April 13, 2009 in the Smith County Commissioners Courtroom on the 1st floor of the Smith
County Courthouse Annex, 200 E. Ferguson, Tyler, Texas.
Questions regarding this agenda should be directed to Commissioners Court Administrative Assistant
at 903-590-4600. The agenda is available on the County’s website (http://www.smith-county.com).
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
PRESENTATIONS / NON-ACTION / INFORMATION I TIME-CERTAIN ITEMS
1. Presentation of Employee RecognitionlLongevity Certificates Service Pins.
2. Approve and or ratify payment of accounts, bills, payroll, transfer of funds, and health
a) Consider approval of budget transfer for Constable Precinct 1 from Vehicles to
Miscellaneous Equipment and Travel Reimbursement in the amount of $6,000.00.
3. Order approving ratification of standard letter of agreements for disposal of dredged
4. Consider authorizing County Judge to sign re-plat of Cedar Bay Subdivision Lot 41-A Unit 2,
Lots 42-A and 43-A, Unit 3, Pct.1.
5. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action to accept Kingswood Place Subdivision Streets,
Pct. 1, into the County’s Maintenance System.
6. Receive presentation from Smith County Auditor regarding State of the County 2009.
7. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action relevant to recommendation from City of Tyler
regarding bilingual poll workers for administration of the May 9, 2009 election.
8. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action to deny a salvage yard license for East Texas
Recycling, 9123 FM 2767,Tyler, Texas 75708.
9. Receive FY09 Projects Update, take any action necessary.
10. Receive presentation from Power Consultant, take any action necessary.
11. Discuss, consider and authorize Purchasing Director to advertise and request sealed bids for the
a) Tackcoat, RB-14-09
12. Discuss, consider and approve addendum to contract RB-10-09, Refined Road Oil for Smith
13. Discuss, consider and approve any and all action necessary to distribute internal healthcare
plan survey to employees.
14. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action regarding the approval and implementation of
the revised Tuition Reimbursement Program policy.
15 Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action to approve interlocal agreement between Texas
Department of Public Safety and Smith County, and adopt a resolution supporting the request for
East Texas Auto Theft Task Force to seek Automobile Burglary & Theft Prevention Grant
Funds; and authorize County Judge to sign any necessary supporting documents.
16. Accept the Commissioners Court Minutes for the months of November 2008, December 2008,
January 2009 and February 2009.
17. Receive the recording of the Commissioners Court Meetings for the months of November 2008,
December 2008, January 2009 and February 2009.
18. Accept Auditor/Treasurer financial report for March 31, 2009.
19. Receive Personal Bond Office Report into minutes of Commissioners Court pursuant to Tex.
Code Crim. Proc. Section 17.42(6). No action necessary.
20. Discuss, consider, and approve acceptance of donations to Smith County for County Government
Week pursuant to Local Government Code Sec. 81.032.
21. Receive status report from the Road & Bridge Department regarding number of miles
completed for the Road Reconstruction project; and receive update on any other Road &
Bridge Department items.
22. Report on Smith County Jail Inmate Status and related information.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: To consult, receive, and seek advice from attorney pursuant to Section
551.071 of the Texas Government Code.
23. Receive consultation and seek legal advice regarding policies and procedures in place for
processing of insurance claims, incident reports, and emergency situations.
24. Receive consultation and seek legal advice regarding petition from Smith County Citizens for
Economic Growth and filed with Elections Division seeking early voting on Saturdays and or
Sundays during the May 2009 election pursuant to Section 85.006 of the Texas Election Code.
25. Receive consultation and seek legal advice regarding pending contract negotiations for
RFQ-0 109 (Contract for Construction Manager for Smith County Facilities).
26. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action regarding policies and procedures in place
for processing of insurance claims, incident reports, and emergency situations, including but
not limited to giving directive on amendment of the Smith County Personnel Policy and
27. Discuss, consider, and take any necessary action regarding petition of Smith County
Citizens for Economic Growth and filed with Elections Division seeking early voting on
Saturdays and/or Sundays during the May 2009 election pursuant to Section 85.006 of the
Texas Election Code. Action may include, but is not limited to, making any
arrangements needed for adequate staffing and security.
28. If necessary, discuss, consider, and take any necessary action regarding pending contract
negotiations for RFQ-0109 (Contract for Construction Manager for Smith County Facilities).
PUBLIC COMMENT: An opportunity for members of the public; who have previously filled
out a participation form to address the Commissioners Court on agenda items and or request a matter
on a future agenda. Individuals are limited to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The Court may not
deliberate on non-agenda items.
SMITH COUNTY COURTHOUSE ANNEX ACCESSIBILITY STATEMENT FOR DISABLED PERSONS This meeting site
is accessible to disabled persons as follows: Entrance to the Courthouse Annex is accessible through the front entrance on the
south side of the Courthouse Annex located at 200 E. Ferguson. A wheelchair ramp provides access to the front entrance. The
Commissioners Courtroom is on the first floor. If any special assistance or accommodations are needed in order to attend a
Commissioners Court meeting, please contact Commissioners Court staff at 903 590 4600, in advance so accommodations can
Date: ___________ Time: ___________
Posted ~ ~
JOEL P. BAKER, COUNTY JUDGE f