Automated Processing of
Standards George Buckbee
Education & Training ExperTune
Conferences & Exhibits
• George Buckbee, ExperTune
George Buckbee, P.E. holds a B.S. and M.S. in Chemical Engineering. As Vice
President of Marketing and Product Development at ExperTune, Inc., he is
co-designer of ExperTune’s PlantTriage software. George has led
ExperTune’s marketing program to deliver high-quality, high-quantity sales
leads. As an experienced practitioner, George has over 20 years of practical
experience in process control across many industries, with over 10 years
devoted to advancing the theory and practice of process and control system
• What is a Good-Quality Lead?
• How to Gather the Right Information?
• Scoring Leads
• Key Learnings
• Thousands of Leads
• Not Enough Sales People
• Time Wasted on Worthless Leads
• Good Leads Go Unnoticed
What is a Good Quality Lead?
• First: Who Knows…?
A Good Quality Lead…
– Internal Referrals
– Size of Sale
How to Gather the Right Information?
– To Download Information
How to Measure:
– Web site hits
– Participation in Webinars
– Who, besides you, needs to be involved?
– Who controls the budget for this?
– Ask about budget directly
– Ask about timing – Do you have this budgeted this year?
What to Do with the Data?
• Record it!
– Standardize format
– Integrate with other client data
– Keep it up-to-date
• Analyze It!
– %complete profiles
– Hi promise, low info leads
– Promising leads with no sales person assigned
Size x Industry x Budget x Interest = Score
Size x [Industry + Budget + Decision + Interest] = Score
– Which sources deliver better quality leads?
– Who is my target customer?
– Better Hand-Off to Sales
– More Focus on the Right Customers
– Less Wasted Time
– Greater Probability of Success
• Dealing with Partial Data
• The Formula Doesn’t Matter That Much
• Finding the Balance
– How much to ask at any one time?
• Over-riding the Lead Score
– Intuition & Common Sense