LUBBOCK COUNTY COMMISSIONERS’ COURT
NOVEMBER 14, 2005
1. Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation (Bill McCay).
2. Approve Minutes of Previous Meeting(s).
3. Purchasing Matters:
• ITB 61004 Motor Grader for R&B #2
• ITB 61005 Tires & Tubes
• Approve Blanker Purchase Orders as Presented.
• Authorize the following Bids/Proposals:
- Full Size Sudan for LCJJC
- Ammunition for the Sheriff’s Office
• Approve additions to the Wireless Communications Committee.
• Approve the second of three one-year contract renewals with BI Inc. for Home
Monitoring Unit Lease for LCJJC.
4. County Auditor and financial matters:
a. Budget and salary schedule amendments / Line item transfers
b. Approve bills presented by County Auditor
c. Time certificate transactions
d. Pledge of security receipts
e. Check cancellation orders
f. Contract revisions
g. Receive monthly reports
h. Other report
5. (10:15 a.m.) Public Hearing regarding imposing a speed limit on County Road 1540 from
US 84 to FM 1294.
6. Consider Building Renovations.
7. Consider Protest of Fund Report of Reimbursement from TCEQ for Petroleum Storage
8. Consider a Lease Extension Amendment between the Office of the Attorney General-
Consumer Protection Division and Lubbock County for lease of office space at 916 Main
Street, Suite 806.
9. Consider approval of a LoanStar loan from the State Energy Conservation Office to
Lubbock County to fund energy efficient lighting and HVAC equipment for the new jail.
10. Consider Personnel Committee Recommendations.
11. Consider a request to open a bank account at City Bank for the purpose of depositing
Justice Assistance Grant Funds.
12. Consider a contract between Lubbock County and the Greater Dallas Crime Commission
regarding the Project Safe Neighborhood Act Grant.
13. Consider approval to register Lubbock County with Grants.Gov.
14. Consider discontinuing the state of emergency for Hurricane Katrina.
15. Consider discontinuing the state of emergency for Hurricane Rita.
16. Consider withdrawing the action taken on September 12, 2005 authorizing the signing of
the VINE contract and consider approval of the new contract, which will expire February
17. Consider casting votes for the nominees for the Lubbock Central Appraisal District Board
and signing a resolution in support of said vote.
18. Consider the appointment of Joe May to the Lubbock Reese Redevelopment Authority
Board of Directors for a term to run October 1, 2005 to September 30, 2007 as allowed in
Senate Bill 1751.
19. Consider appointments/reappointments to the Executive Committee: County Judge, a
County Commissioner, a member of the Board of Judges, County Auditor, Sheriff, District
Attorney, District Clerk and the Director of Maintenance or their designee.
20. Consider correcting plat approval for Abbe Addition, Lot 1, in Precinct #1.
21. Right of Way Matters.
22. Closed Meeting Under Government Code Sections 551.071 & 551.072
-To consult with attorney concerning pending or contemplated litigation, settlement offers
and confidential legal matters.
-To consult with attorney concerning the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real
CERTIFICATION OF POSTING
This will certify that a true and correct copy of the foregoing agenda has been posted on November
10, 2005 by 5:00 p.m. on the official bulletin board and at the west doors of the Lubbock County
Courthouse, Lubbock, Texas, as written notice of the date, place, and subjects of the meeting of the
Lubbock County Commissioners’ Court to be held on the 5th floor of the Lubbock County
Courthouse, 904 Broadway, Lubbock, Texas. A true and correct copy of the agenda and
certification has been filed this day with the Lubbock County Clerk.
Tom Head, County Judge
The Lubbock Commissioners’ Court meetings are available to all persons regardless of disability. If you
require special assistance, please contact Mande Reeves at (806) 775-1595 or in the County Judge’s office
on the first floor, Lubbock County Courthouse at least 48 hours in advance of the meetings.