Complaints - Do you have a comment, suggestion or complaint by otj26205


									Contact details for senior managers                                      Alzheimer Scotland, National Office
                                                                                                                                                                    Do you have a comment,
                                                                                                                                                                    suggestion or complaint?
Jan Johnston, Argyll & Clyde             32 Riccartsbar Avenue,          Covering national services including: Finance, Fundraising,
Regional Manager                         Paisley, PA2 6BG
                                                                         Dementia Helpline, Information Services, Public Policy, Welfare
Covering services in Argyll & Bute,      Tel: 0141 887 4902
                                                                         Rights, Human Resources, Property Management.
Inverclyde, Renfrewshire and West        Email:
Dunbartonshire                                                           22 Drumsheugh Gardens                                                                      Alzheimer Scotland wants to
Julie Barron, Ayrshire and Dumfries 1 Gordon Street,
& Galloway Regional Manager             Dumfries, DG1 1EG
                                                                         EH3 7RN
                                                                                                                                                                    hear from you
Covering services in Dumfries &         Tel: 01387 261303
                                                                         Tel: 0131 243 1453
Galloway, East Ayrshire, North Ayrshire Email:
                                                                         Fax: 0131 243 1450
and South Ayrshire
Linda Smith, Forth Valley and            Lanarkshire Information &
Lanarkshire Regional Manager             Advice Centre, Old Town Hall,
Covering services in Clackmannanshire, High Road, Motherwell, ML1 3HU
Falkirk, Stirling, North Lanarkshire and Tel: 01698 275300
South Lanarkshire                        Email:       Chief Executive: Henry Simmons
Sarah Burgess, Glasgow and East          81 Oxford Street,
Dunbartonshire Regional Manager          Glasgow, G5 9EP
                                                                         Director of Personalisation: Kate Fearnley
Covering services in Glasgow and East    Tel: 0141 418 3930
Dunbartonshire                           Email:

Fiona Roberts, Grampian, Tayside     492 Union Street,                   Dementia Helpline Manager: Elaine Harley
and Shetland Regional Manager        Aberdeen, AB10 1TS                  Email:
Covering services in Aberdeen City,  Tel: 01224 644077
Aberdeenshire, Angus, Dundee, Moray, Email:
Perth & Kinross and Shetland                                             Alternative formats
Maxine Johnston, Highland,               Rowan Cottage,
Western Isles & Orkney                   7 Martin Crescent, Portree,     We can provide this leaflet in large print, on CD or in
Covering services in Highland, Orkney,   Isle of Skye, IV51 9DW          other languages on demand. Contact the Information
Western Isles                            Tel: 01478 611818
                                                                         Manager at the address above.
Helen Hay, Lothian, Fife and             22 Drumsheugh Gardens,
Borders Regional Manager                 Edinburgh, EH3 7RN
                                                                         Alzheimer Scotland - Action on Dementia is a company limited by guarantee, registered in
Covering services in Edinburgh, Fife,    Tel: 0131 243 1453
                                                                         Scotland 149069. Registered Office: 22 Drumsheugh Gardens, Edinburgh EH3 7RN. It is
East Lothian, Midlothian, West Lothian   Email:         recognised as a charity by the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, no. SC022315.
and Scottish Borders
                                                                         March 2009
Alzheimer Scotland aims to provide high quality services               Making a formal complaint                                              Comments or suggestions
and support for people with dementia and their carers at
all times, but we know that sometimes we may get things                You should write to:                                                   You may not want to complain about us, but may wish to make
wrong or there may be things we could do better.                                                                                              comments or suggestions about our work, to help us improve.
                                                                       The Regional Manager or relevant National Office Manager (see          The local Service Manager, Regional Manager or any National
We welcome feedback on all aspects of our work,                        contact details)                                                       Office Manager will welcome your comments and ensure you are
particularly if something has gone wrong so we can fix it                                                                                     told about any action taken as a result.
or make improvements. We will treat your complaint with                You should say clearly:
confidentiality and will treat you fairly.                                                                                                    Other organisations
                                                                         •   what went wrong
This leaflet tells you how to complain if you feel:                      •   when and where it happened                                       Depending on what your complaint is about, there are other
                                                                         •   who was involved                                                 organisations you can complain to. You can do this as well as
  • we have done something wrong;                                        •   what you would like to see happen.                               complaining to us, or instead.
  • we didn’t do something that we should have done;
  • we provided you, or someone you care for, with a poor quality      Who can help you?                                                        • If you have an unresolved complaint about the Dementia
    service; or                                                                                                                                   Helpline, you can complain to the Telephone Helplines
  • we treated you, or someone you care for, unfairly, unethically     If you would like help making your complaint, you can get help from:       Association, 4th Floor, 9 Marshalsea Road, Borough, London
    or discourteously.                                                                                                                            SE1 1EP, Phone 020 7089 6321 or 0845 120 3767 (lo-call),
                                                                         •   the Care Commission                                                  Email:
You can get a copy of our detailed Complaints Procedure from any         •   local advocacy or advice organisations
of our services, our National Office, the Dementia Helpline or our       •   your local social work department                                  • If you are complaining about our local services, such as day
website at and we will send it automatically to          •   Citizens Advice Bureaux                                              care or home support services, you can complain to your
anyone who makes a complaint.                                            •   Alzheimer Scotland staff.                                            local authority social work department. Their address is in
                                                                                                                                                  the phone book under your local council, or you can get it
What can you do?                                                       What happens next                                                          from the Dementia Helpline on 0808 808 3000 or from your
                                                                                                                                                  local Alzheimer Scotland office. Every social work department
You can make a complaint yourself or ask a friend, relative or         When we receive your formal complaint, we will:                            has a complaints procedure.
supporter to help you.
                                                                         • acknowledge it in writing (within 5 working days)                    • You can also complain to the Care Commission. The Care
Informal approach                                                        • investigate your complaint (within 20 working days)                    Commission has been set up to improve the quality of care
                                                                         • write to you with the outcome of the investigation and also tell       services in Scotland and it regulates and inspects most of
Often, the quickest way to deal with something you are unhappy             you about any further action you can take.                             our services. You should contact the Care Commission’s
about is to talk informally to the staff member or service involved.                                                                              Headquarters at Compass House, 11 Riverside Drive, Dundee
They will try their best to resolve any concerns you raise.            If you are still unhappy                                                   DD1 4NY, Phone 0845 603 0890 (lo-call), or email them by
                                                                                                                                                  logging onto their website at
If that doesn’t work, or if you don’t feel comfortable about doing     If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, there are
this, you can make a formal complaint. This leaflet tells you how.     further steps you can take. These are explained in our Complaints

To top