Model Volcano Instructional Worksheet
Play-do Medium Glass
Paper plate ½ Cup of Baking Soda
1 Cup of Imagination!
Vinegar Red Food Coloring
1. You and your group should gather all of your needed
materials and place them in your work space.
2. Place the ½ Cup of Baking Soda in the Glass
3. Put about 6-8 drops of red food coloring into the glass
4. Put the Glass on the Paper Plate
5. Mold the Play-Do around the glass in the shape of the
volcano you studied. Make sure not to mold the Play-Do
around the top of the glass because that is where your lava
must come out.
6. When your teacher gives you the signal you may poor the
Vinegar into the glass making sure to stay ARMS DISTANCE
AWAY FROM THE GLASS. DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY OVER THE GLASS.
7. Enjoy watching your masterpiece! You’ve done a
wonderful job in recreating a volcano.