Crick Old School Trustees. Minutes of Trustees Meeting held at 9 The Paddock 25th January 2006 Present : Dave Milne Chairman. Nigel Howard Trustee. Jim Goodger Trustee. Phil Dunkley Trustee. Jackie Dunkley Bookings Secretary. 1. Apologies : David Lake. Rachel Blakemore. 2. Finance. The annual accounts had been prepared by Rachel and it was unanimously agreed that they be adopted, subject to audit. It was agreed that a copy of the accounts be given to the Parish council for information. It was agreed that a Repair Fund be started in 2006 to enable monies to be built over time to cover for future repairs. It is known that the roof will require attention in the not too distant future. 3. Electricity. The size of electricity bills had caused some concern and Rachel had experienced some difficulties in dealing with Powergen. Phil had taken a series of meter readings in an attempt to identify the source of high usage. There had been cases where users had failed to ensure that the heaters were switched off after hire, but steps had been taken to minimise such occurrences. It was agreed that the computers in the IT suite should be switched off after use on Thursday evenings until the following Tuesday. Jim and Phil would arrange this with the IT Centre Committee. It was still felt that the meter was suspect and Phil will liase with Rachel to organise a visit by Powergen to check the accuracy of the meter. 4. Bookings. Jackie and Phil gave an update. Bookings are healthy, with income being significantly increased by the forthcoming four-day exhibition by Barwood developments that would provide booking fees of £800. The Brownies had now transferred from the Primary School and have a one and a half hour session every Wednesday evening during term time. There continued to be regular hiring by residents for children’s parties. The Village youth Club was to be relaunched and if sufficient support was forthcoming, it would be held fortnightly at the Old School. Pmn. The launch was highly successful with 34 youngsters attending and it was clear that a larger venue would be necessary. 5. Charges. Whilst there was no current necessity to increase charges, it was agreed that they should be reviewed at each meeting. The recent attention to electricity costs had highlighted the costs of heating. Phil commented that a one hour hire providing £4.00 hire charge to a local resident also incurred a cost of 80p in electricity charges. After some discussion, it was agreed that a heating surcharge would be applied to all bookings between 1st November and 1st April, commencing in Autumn 2006. It was agreed that Jackie should use her discretion in applying cancellation charges. 6. Security. Phil explained that the It Centre Committee had reviewed the security arrangements and were installing an alarm system and a simple CCTV surveillance system in the IT Centre/Parish Office. They had considered extending the system to cover the Hall and Kitchen, but because of the number of users/keyholders, who would dilute the effectiveness of the system, and significantly increased costs, this option was discounted. 7. Maintenance. It was noted that some maintenance work was necessary and in addition, shelving was required in the kitchen cupboards to provide storage for the Brownies equipment. Phil, Jim and Dave would form a small working party to get the work done. It was noted that there was only one power point in the hall and Phil agreed to contact John Larkin to assist in obtaining estimates for additional points. Whilst noting that the heating in the kitchen was inadequate in very cold weather, it was agreed that this was mainly due to the high ceiling and that any addition expenditure on heating would be ineffective. 8. Date of Next Meeting. Wednesday 6th September at 8/00 pm. Venue to be advised.