PAGE: 1 OF 2
STATE OF TEXAS TRAVEL CREDIT CARD PROGRAM
The purpose of this policy is to identify the responsibilities of the program administrator and
employees who participate in the State of Texas Travel Credit Card Program.
B. Guidelines for employees
1. The card will be used for official state business travel charges only.
2. The card will not be used for personal purchases.
3. The employee is expected to take at least three trips or spend a minimum of $1,500 during
the fiscal year.
4. The employee is responsible for all charges made with the card.
5. Employee, upon receipt of the statement, will pay all charges.
6. The account will be suspended if delinquent after 60 days.
7. The account will be canceled if delinquent after 90 days.
8. Severely delinquent cardmembers will be reported to credit bureaus.
9. The right to use the credit card may be terminated at any time for any reason.
10. The card is to be surrendered immediately upon request or upon termination of
11. Failure of cardholder to follow institutional policies could result in cancellation of the card or
disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
PAGE: 2 OF 2
(STATE OF TEXAS TRAVEL CREDIT CARD PROGRAM CONT'D)
C. Guidelines for program administrator
1. Upon request for application for a State of Texas Travel Credit Card, the user is instructed
as to guidelines and conditions of use of the credit card. A credit card application,
cardholder agreement form, along with a handout from the Texas State Travel Directory is
given to the employee.
2. When forms are returned, the application is forwarded to the Vice President for Business
Affairs for approval. Application is then faxed to the credit card company by the
3. Review of the monthly Delinquency History Report and Cardholder Activity Report is to be
completed no later than 48 hours after receipt. If delinquent accounts and other problems
are identified; cardholders are contacted to correct the problem(s).
4. The Employee Exit Clearance Checklist includes a credit card surrender area. The program
administrator will phone the credit card company to ensure $0 balance on card prior to
signing form. Account will be closed, card will be destroyed.
This policy and related procedures shall be subject to periodic review by the Director of