MARC Record Enrichment
Summaries to aid retrieval
and determine relevancy
What is MARC Record
• Adding data to your existing cataloging
– Table of Contents
– Fiction Biography added entries
– Author notes
• You own the data. It’s not a subscription.
• No money for new books? Better
retrieval for titles you already own.
• Can’t lose the data when you run out
of money. You own it.
• Add Tables of Contents (TOC) and
summaries automatically. Saves
• Add during other processing
(authorities, conversion). Saves
systems staff time.
Improve access: TOC
• When the title and subject of the book is
Gravitational waves, it won’t be found by
• Chirping binary systems
• Mass-quadrupole radiation
• But those are subchapter titles—and will
retrieve the book!
• Aids retrieval and determination of
Improve access: Fiction and
• Fiction is easier to find when you add:
– Genre and sub-genre (culinary mystery)
– Characters and their attributes (Warshawski, V.
I. "Vic" Female Polish American Divorced Ex-
lawyer Tough Private investigator)
• Biographies can now be retrieved by
– Ethnic background
– Birthplace and current residence
How it works
• Get a quote.
• Fill out a profile.
• Send your database.
Or have it done during authorities
processing, conversion or other
• We add the data to your records.
• You reload the enriched records.
catalog easier to
use today with
For more detailed information, contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-531-7678.