Business Start Up Grant
This a discretionary scheme to encourage new entrepreneurs to establish a business
in the county of Conwy.
Individuals or partners who have established a new business in the county of Conwy
are entitled to apply for a grant.
• The applicant(s) should be establishing a new business for the first time
• The applicant(s) should never have been in business before
• The business must be a new business activity and cannot be taking over an
• The applicant(s) must not be setting up a business in premises previously
used for a similar operation
• The business must have been established within 18 months prior to the
• Successful applicants will not be eligible for a further New Business Starts
• Evidence of company incorporation, planning consent and all other necessary
consents must be submitted to allow the application to proceed.
• A business plan is required to support the application. Assistance is available
from various business support organisations to draw up your business plan.
• The applicant should provide evidence of participation in the New Business
• The completed New Business Starts Grant application form with supporting
documentation should be submitted to Conwy County Borough Council. The
grants are all overseen by the Business & Development panel.
• A decision will be made within 6 weeks of receiving the application form and
all necessary information, and if successful a cheque will be issued within 3